On the right track for Wyoming?

wolfpup

Just wanted a little reassurance here! I just bought my first point in Wyoming ( I am a Colorado resident ) and my plan is to get a point per year with the idea to hunt in 3 or so years. I will hunt CO each year but I want to experience Wyoming public land hunts. I love pronghorn meat over any other venison! Does that sound reasonable or am I missing something? When I do go I want to get the best bang for my buck so I plan to get a buck tag in the draw then a add on for tag. Sound like a good plan?

Yep! You might try to decide what unit you want to put in for your buck tag and see if you can get some doe tags for a year or two and do some on the ground scouting for a year or two before you put in for the draw for a buck tag.

Since you live in CO and wy ain't far you should spend some time in eastern wy and try to find a rancher that will let you hunt there every year. Tags are easy in those parts and if you found one you would be Set for a long time, might cost few $ or couple weekends of labor but way better than building points and hunting every 4 or so years. If your plan is sticky public your right on track now.

C

I like both those ideas .. I do hunt every year on my grandpas land in eastern CO but the buck tags can't be drawn every year. I just want to make a good trip out of it on one of those years I don't get any tags in CO. Looking at this a more of an ace up my sleeve.

Sounds like a plan. You could make that hunt on a long weekend from where you're at, so you should plan on every year.

Your on the right track. I will second the doe tag idea. Everyone wants a buck of course but does are more fun to hunt in my opinion.

You can get 2 doe tags so go that route. SE Wyoming usually has some left over doe tags that allow you to get up to 4 tags total after the draw. You should be able to find a rancher that will let you hunt antelope but we make do without private access every year. Also some great antelope hunting in the Shirley Basin units.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back