Old stand is still there

mdcrossbow

This is my very 1st stand I built in 81 on a piece of property I have not hunted sence "86" Just got a lease on it again and yesterday as cw and I were cutting a trail through some of the thickest stuff, we looked up and there it was. Sits over this creek where I could be dozing off and here the deer walking through the creek, what a rush LOL

This creek has hundreds of crayfish and packed with minnows. I saw mink all the time playing here and woodies would pack in prity good numbers also.

There is something about hunting an good formilure grounds.

Attachments

• CIMG0121.JPG
    CIMG0121.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 159
  • CIMG0122.JPG
    CIMG0122.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 163
That is pretty cool. Doesn't look like its quite usable anymore.

Randy when I got this property in 81 there were old steps in that tree so So I figured it was good enough for the former hunter it will do just fine for me.

Both side of this creek is thickets so we cut a path about 35-40 yards through the thickest stuff where a few beds were. Now I know the deer will use this new trail. Given they have a month to get use to it.

Now I know the deer will use this new trail. Given they have a month to get use to it.

A month should be ample time to aquire pattern 'formilure-arity'....nice spot xbow.;)

...good pictures.

Very nice!!! My dad hadn't hunted a particular property for close to 10 years when he got the bug to give it a try again. The tree he had his stand in had recently blew over so he snuggled up to the root ball for the evening hunt. About 20 minutes till dark his spotted a buck on a far hill and two grunts later the buck was nearly in his lap! One shot at 30yds and he had bagged the biggest buck he'd ever take home! Hope you have the same luck.

This property is 50 acres of hard woods with farms on each side and the creek runs through both farms on the L&R great bedding area. It has not been hunted for 5 years. The really good part is that one side has a new horse farm and the other 3 sides don't allow hunting.

Nice looking spot there mdcrossbow. What county are you in with all those rocks in the stream? Can't be over here on the "outhouse" side of Maryland.

I hunt in Wicomico County west of Salisbury.

We have spotted some nice bucks in velvet this summer. I am looking forward to the opener on the 15th however we usually have some good dove shoots at the begining of the September to get the fall started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back