Sitka Pre Season Savings

Oklahoma new deer tag $

ccc23454

I hunt oklahoma annually and have for last handful of years. I had heard that they were going to raise NR fees and consolidate license choices this off season. What they did do doesnt match what my resident buddies and rest of our group of predominate DAVs expected. As a NR our deer tag has cost us $300 for a single weapon season you choose(muzzy/gun/bow) the tag allows you to shot one buck and some does. We seen the fee was raised to $501 and thought thats a lot but expected they consolidated so single tag was valid multiple seasons, no! Tag is still valid in only 1 season and now starting in 24 you have to buy a general hunting license($209) in addition to the deer tag. So now in 2024 a otc deer hunt in oklahoma costs $710, and if you want to hunt a few days archery before gun season that combo will cost $1201. Is this the most expensive buck tag in country? How a general season deer tag goes from $300 to $710 in one year blows my mind.

Yah that's pricey, if you wanted to pull both here it's to the tune of around $800. Not surprising unfortunately look at the price if everything else we buy everyday since covid. Sucks. I expect many other states will follow suit.

I hunt oklahoma annually and have for last handful of years. I had heard that they were going to raise NR fees and consolidate license choices this off season. What they did do doesnt match what my resident buddies and rest of our group of predominate DAVs expected. As a NR our deer tag has cost us $300 for a single weapon season you choose(muzzy/gun/bow) the tag allows you to shot one buck and some does. We seen the fee was raised to $501 and thought thats a lot but expected they consolidated so single tag was valid multiple seasons, no! Tag is still valid in only 1 season and now starting in 24 you have to buy a general hunting license($209) in addition to the deer tag. So now in 2024 a otc deer hunt in oklahoma costs $710, and if you want to hunt a few days archery before gun season that combo will cost $1201. Is this the most expensive buck tag in country? How a general season deer tag goes from $300 to $710 in one year blows my mind.
No dav discount?

No dav discount?
Only for residents. My main hunting partner is a dav and as far as I remember he has never received a discount for any licenses he's purchased out of state NM,WY, CO, etc. I'm OK with the changes I pay $300-$400 for a single deer tag out of state or $2000 for a special elk in WY. It was time for a price hike. Mark my words NR quotas will be next unfortunately seems will have to compromise and allow NR landowners otc tags.

Seems excessive.

Not sure where they came up with those numbers. Maybe they do want less nonresident hunters for the same revenue. Idk.

Most agencies use national companies that tell them what the best license cost should be. I know WV does.

They come up with those numbers from their neighbors to the north whom don't have 6 deer per license quota but if you added the extra doe tags you can get in Kansas price would be equal and you only kill one buck(plus you have to choose your weapon).... And guess who is selling out of tags every year ...Kansas. Draw will be next

I live in Oklahoma and a lot of the reason this went up is because residents have been complaining about people from Texas leasing up all the land , especially in southern Oklahoma. They think that if tags are more expensive then Texans will stop leasing land . My theory is if the can afford a 10,000 dollar lease they will still buy the tags . Some residents complained enough to the politicians they got a bill pushed thru to raise prices.

Back