Oklahoma man poachers 220 class whitetail

wyoming556

Banned
Here is a fine example of a Oklahoma lowlife poacher. They found over 100 untagged deer racks when they did the search warrant as well. All he had to pay was $5,000 in fines and court costs. Pretty much a slap on the wrist for poaching over 100 animals IMO. He does get his hunting rights revoked for 20 years but honestly that isn't going to stop him from poaching, it's not like he follows any hunting regulations anyway.

http://outdoornewsdaily.com/index.php/archives/17535

After looking at the deer I think it looks like a high fence genetic freak that I doubt is truly a wild deer from Oklahoma. The body looks like a 2.5 year old with 220" horns.

Attachments

• bpbuck1.jpg
    bpbuck1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,916
  • bpbuck2.jpg
    bpbuck2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,757
It takes all kinds, but it always seems those few jerks end up messing it all up for the people who care to live the right way! Poacher awareness needs to be strong, thank you for the post.

To actually deter these people from doing this we need to raise the penalties for these crimes. Poaching over 100 animals and getting a $5,000 fine comes out to only $50 per animal. Concidering the tags for these animals average $300+ for NR's not to mention the preference points and years spent applying just to get a tag. Many hunters would pay $5,000 - $10,000+ just for the opportunity to hunt a 220" whitetail. It makes me wonder how many other like this guy exist out there with literally hundreds of animals they have taken illegally.

To actually deter these people from doing this we need to raise the penalties for these crimes. Poaching over 100 animals and getting a $5,000 fine comes out to only $50 per animal.

The $5K was for the one animal. They are investigating the 100 untagged racks. Does having untagged racks in OK mean they were poached?

The $5K was for the one animal. They are investigating the 100 untagged racks. Does having untagged racks in OK mean they were poached?

Your right. He propably just poached the 1 deer and the remaining 100 were taken legally but he lost all 100 of the tags. You would make a great defense attorney!

Last edited:
He propably just poached the 1 deer and the remaining 100 were taken legally but he lost all 100 of the tags.

I doubt it, probably why they are investigating.:D

Again, are you required to keep the tags with the antlers for a specific amount of time in OK?

I honestly don't know on the tags. I would hope that they were taken legally but common sense tells me at least a portion of those 100 racks could have been poached. Like you said that is propably why they are investigating. Unfortunately without proof or other good information to convict him on the other animals he propably won't get near the punishment that he did for the BPbuck if any.

I doubt it, probably why they are investigating.:D

Again, are you required to keep the tags with the antlers for a specific amount of time in OK?

Are you required to keep the tags with the antlers for a specific amount of time in MT?

This was a wild deer not a pen deer It was living on a oil and gas lease belonging to British petrolium. The game wardens had been watching this buck for 2 years,thats where the camtracker pics come from.Was shot and head cut off and the wardens found the body ,later a pic of the horns surfaced on the internet and were traced back to the pocher . There was a story on this in march on OK DEPT OF WILDLIFE website. This buck scored about 225 inches.

....was it this guy?

bigboy1202.jpg

So, I've always wondered that. What happens if F&G comes to your house and askes where and when you shot each of your critters ? Can you tell them to Pound sand ?

Not that I have many (or any) large racks but I have a PILE of them. I can go back and relive most of them but some I might not be able too.

I also don't have a Tag for my Girraffe ;)

The fish & Game Departments should have record of who bought tags, wouldn't you think. I know Colorado keeps tabs on this. Just a thought.

Out here we have to report our harvest so it would be easy for themm to go back a few years and make sure you've been reporting them.No need to keep hold of the tag for very long

Back