Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Look out your window that will probably help
No it won't. They're out, they've been out. I bet 520 stands a real good chance to close before 510 does.

That's all good our season goes until June 15th basically everywhere now so I'm not too concerned. It doesn't even get good until 3rd week in June.

No it won't. They're out, they've been out. I bet 520 stands a real good chance to close before 510 does.

That's all good our season goes until June 15th basically everywhere now so I'm not too concerned. It doesn't even get good until 3rd week in June.
I’m hoping to knock a couple gobblers down then start looking for bears see how my spring goes

Only seen 2 big grizzlies so far no blacks or even sign. Only following this to watch @Sask hunter baits develop cause every year i get excited by this dam thread and i am guessing it will be minimum 20 pages before a bear gets killed. Not even sure if i am going on any actual bear hunts other than quick day hunts near house. Bait sites in both states i typically hunt lay empty this spring, other things taking priority.

I have been searching for May plane reservations to Idaho by way of Washington…

The main purpose of the trip would be a family visit, but, if I go, I would certainly try to get a couple of days of bear hunting in. For anyone looking for honey holes, I will probably try Unit 107.

If I actually go, do I take the rifle scoped by @William Christy, or do I try to use my dad’s 375 H&H that is already out there? The 375 may be cursed as I watched my dad miss a 5 point bull* with it twice (the spotter may have misjudged the range) and I missed a 5 point whitetail with it. On the other hand, maybe the third time is the charm.

*The 5 point bull was kind of a neat story. I ended up in Idaho at the same time as my dad’s Marine Corp buddy from Ohio. I took the buddy out one morning and spotted a bull a mile or so away. I asked the buddy if he wanted to go after it. He didn’t. I knew my dad would, so I went looking for him and actually found him. We got to a spot near where I had seen the bull and watched a small herd come out. Unfortunately, I misjudged the range and the bull just walked off after two misses.
I'd pass on that 375! What ever it is I'm hunting, I use a rifle I have complete faith in. And of course I'm old so eye's aren't prime. Might think of using my 260 Rem if I was to go with its 2-7x scope set on 2x!

We are going to need some warmer weather to get rid of some of this snow. Still have a couple of feet around the house.

Back