Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ode To Our Mothers This Day

I would like to give a special shout out to mothers and grandmothers of forum members who just recently became mothers and grandmothers. ( both, first time and again )

ELKFEVER 2

NP 307

NOHARLEYYET

and maybe BOOMERUSAF (-:

Enjoy your day.

Mom, who passed peacefully in June at 101 years of age, declared in anger at Covid, "I came to earth during the 1918 flu pandemic and now I'm gonna take this damn Covid with me!"
Below is an image of the memorial bench emplaced near the West Bank Park on the Rivers Edge Trail in Great Falls, with a metal grizzly sculpture nearby. Mom was an avid Rivers Edge Trail walker well into her late nineties.
thumbnail.jpg
With both parents and three brothers gone, this orphan now misses his Mom dearly.

Mom, who passed peacefully in June at 101 years of age, declared in anger at Covid, "I came to earth during the 1918 flu pandemic and now I'm gonna take this damn Covid with me!"
Below is an image of the memorial bench emplaced near the West Bank Park on the Rivers Edge Trail in Great Falls, with a metal grizzly sculpture nearby. Mom was an avid Rivers Edge Trail walker well into her late nineties.
View attachment 182892
With both parents and three brothers gone, this orphan now misses his Mom dearly.

My wife lost both of her folks last December, one to Covid and the other to heart break soon after. Yesterday was extremely tough on my wife also. Condolences to you, at 101, your mother lived a very full life....and she knew your love.

To all the mothers that served their country.
Mine was a WWII decorated Vet along with 4 of her sisters.
She then raised 6 kids thru the 60's. None wound up in jail.
I miss her.
High Kudos to your Veteran Mom!

My Mom was a "Rosie the Riveter" in the shipyard at Portland, OR, during the war. I cherish the old photo of her in her welding coveralls ... looking as sweet and petite as ever!

SA; A seat of reflection. That's beautiful!

@hank4elk , my grandmother was a Navy aircraft mechanic with the WAVES out of Hawaii. She was, "Granted Official Leave to enter the military" from Bell Laboratories. I believe she reached the rank of Seaman 1st Class and quoted in one of the war bond newspaper advertisements.

Screenshot_20210510-101021_Drive.jpg

@Mtnhunter1 My thoughts and a prayer for your wife and family. Loss is always tough though that had to hit. To experience love as true to cause heartache/break... I pray there's an afterlife and if so, May they reunite in heaven.

SA; A seat of reflection. That's beautiful!

@hank4elk , my grandmother was a Navy aircraft mechanic with the WAVES out of Hawaii. She was, "Granted Official Leave to enter the military" from Bell Laboratories. I believe she reached the rank of Seaman 1st Class and quoted in one of the war bond newspaper advertisements.

View attachment 182911

@Mtnhunter1 My thoughts and a prayer for your wife and family. Loss is always tough though that had to hit. To experience love as true to cause heartache/break... I pray there's an afterlife and if so, May they reunite in heaven.
My folks never talked about the war.
I found out she reached Capt. status when I visited the Women In Service Memorial in DC,and about the Navy Metal of Valor ,Distinguished Service Cross & other ribbons. She was stationed at Terminal Island.

Back