MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Oceola Turkey

Very cool. I’ve got a handful of points in Florida to chase an Osceola. Hopefully I’ll draw in the next couple of years.

Your Eastern should be a piece of cake!

Beautiful birds!

Watching the early YouTube videos, it seems like a fully mature Osceola is about the same size as a May Kansas jake.

No hurries to get it done, maybe next year.
I have an Arizona Gould's permit for late April/early May.
I've killed Gould's in Mexico before but really looking forward to the AZ Gould's.
Congrats! That should be an real fun hunt!

No hurries to get it done, maybe next year.
I have an Arizona Gould's permit for late April/early May.
I've killed Gould's in Mexico before but really looking forward to the AZ Gould's.
Enjoy your hunt in Arizona for the Goulds and wherever you choose to hunt the Eastern.

After you take the Eastern, will that be a World turkey slam, since you have already hunted the Ocellated ?

Where did you hunt the Ocellated--- Mexico, Central or South America ?

Congratulations !

Enjoy your hunt in Arizona for the Goulds and wherever you choose to hunt the Eastern.

After you take the Eastern, will that be a World turkey slam, since you have already hunted the Ocellated ?

Where did you hunt the Ocellated--- Mexico, Central or South America ?

Congratulations !
World slam it will be.
Took the Ocellated in Campeche Mexico on the Yucatan Penninsula.

Congratulations glass eye. I admire your drive to travel different places and hunt different species. It takes a lot of planning to do what you do.

Wow, you got the hard ones out of the way first, congrats!

I'm slowly working my way towards the slam. Not sure I'll ever get the Ocellated done. Love to try though!

I don't know that I have ever heard of someone finishing a world slam with an Eastern-and I'm around a LOT of turkey hunters. So you're in rare company for sure.

Congrats on your many successes! It will likely be bitter sweet to finish it out.

With turkey slams, do people just know they have done it or is it like an official thing where you send in your harvest results NWTF or something?

I realized yesterday that I’ve killed a Merriam, Rio, and Eastern... kinda makes me want to finish it up.

@glass eye it’s not a good spot, but I have a public land spot in MA for Easterns... about 35 min from Logan. You know if you decide to just dip in and finish it up ;)

With turkey slams, do people just know they have done it or is it like an official thing where you send in your harvest results NWTF or something?

I realized yesterday that I’ve killed a Merriam, Rio, and Eastern... kinda makes me want to finish it up.

@glass eye it’s not a good spot, but I have a public land spot in MA for Easterns... about 35 min from Logan. You know if you decide to just dip in and finish it up ;)
Some people just do it to know that they did it, some people go through the NWTF to get it officialized.

I'm an Osceola short as well. Someday may have to drop the wife off for some beach time and go battle the gators/chiggers/ticks for one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back