Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Obscure go to band

Gotta admit I know a wide variety of bands but I've only heard of 4 or 5 of these.

Good thread idea. Couple of these maybe borderline too well known depending on what you’re into.

—Melvins
—Ednaswap
—Hard Working Americans
—Kyuss
—Pride ‘n Glory
—The Breeders
—Mad Season
Sounds like you have Sub Pop 200 on vinyl in your collection.

Ive been listening to Blair Shehan-led bands since the late 90s. Seen the Knapsack and the Jealous Sound live a couple times. Knapsack, The Jealous Sound, Racquet Club -- 90s emo.

interesting topic, especially because obscure can be super relative depending on age and music interests.

i would consider these bands as at least somewhat obscure to the general population. Polaris is newer one for me, the others i've literally been listening to every day for over a decade. Just can't stop.

Sons of Bill
The Gaslight Anthem
Polaris (definitely not everyone)
Moving Mountains

After years of abuse, it does seem like lately the Chad is having a bit of a resurgence. And why not, rock star was a tight song in its day

I don't understand the hate either. I think they put out some solid driving music. I don't have any obscure bands i listen to so i figured one of the most hated bands, according to some, should be on my list.

Last edited:
The Nude Party

Maybe not new to others, but new to me. I'm about 5 years late in discovering them, as is tradition. Think "Exile on Main Street"-era Rolling Stones, mixed with Neil Young, mixed with The Beatles, mixed with a modern "indie" sound. That might sound weird, but with a name like The Nude Party, you know they're good. Maybe start with their latest release, "Ride On".

The Nude Party, "Ride On"

Some other great ones have been mentioned so far, too!

Maybe the greatest 80s/90s band that never went real big time.

Mark Lanegan was a great singer and song writer, doing Ellensburg WA proud.

From the "Grunge Era":
Seaweed
Hammerbox
The Gits
Mudhoney

Others:
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Refused
Cold War Kids
High on Fire
Killing Joke
Mission of Burma