Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Obscure go to band

It's that moment where I want to put on some music that is agreeable with most people but also isn't like Luke Bryan or Taylor Swift or prog metal. I think my go-to for that is Turnpike Troubadours. The singer has this cadence that's very story driven and conversational, but the way he structures the syllables is purely lyrical. He winds his way through the lines almost aimlessly before he gets to the rhyme and sticks the landing.

Sonic Death Monkey
Kathleen Turner OverDrive
Barry Jive and the Uptown Five
No Vacancy

If we are going all multinatural, then Ill toss up a couple vids of my fav Jugo rocker, Johnny Stulic of Azra fame.

Not real obscure with a little bit of airplay now and then but not well known.

Rock Goddess
Veruca Salt

It's that moment where I want to put on some music that is agreeable with most people but also isn't like Luke Bryan or Taylor Swift or prog metal. I think my go-to for that is Turnpike Troubadours. The singer has this cadence that's very story driven and conversational, but the way he structures the syllables is purely lyrical. He winds his way through the lines almost aimlessly before he gets to the rhyme and sticks the landing.

It's a rule for the last 7 years that 'The Bird Hunters' must be played on the jukebox at the bar near our pheasant spots in SD every night. Before dinner, after cocktails arrive. I don't know what happens if it isn't played, but I don't want to find out. The rest of their catalog is nice for the windshield time, too.

Back