Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Obscure go to band

VikingsGuy

Despite having hundreds of curated playlists, 95% of the time I am on a long flight I listen to my QuietDrive playlist - 4h 3m of every song they ever released in order of release. A local Hopkins, MN band I have loved from the beginning, but never really caught on.

What is your go to band no one else has heard of?

Last edited:
Good thread idea. Couple of these maybe borderline too well known depending on what you’re into.

—Melvins
—Ednaswap
—Hard Working Americans
—Kyuss
—Pride ‘n Glory
—The Breeders
—Mad Season
Listening to Ednaswap at this moment just because of the name. I think one of their songs was covered by somebody, as it sounds familiar (torn).

Good thread idea. Couple of these maybe borderline too well known depending on what you’re into.

—Melvins
—Ednaswap
—Hard Working Americans
—Kyuss
—Pride ‘n Glory
—The Breeders
—Mad Season
Mmmmm… Melvins. Good stuff.

My favorite no name band is Uncle Tupelo - spawned two other great bands, Son Volt and Wilco.

QuietDrive playlist
Took a second take... My first glance read led me to believe you said Quiet Riot and I thought... Who jacked VG's UserID??? 4hrs 3 minutes... Forced me to actually read your post. My apologies.

I really like: Tom Catmull and the Clerics. Montana band low level though smooth music.
Others: Jill Barber - Canadian Jazz singer.

Obscurity is all kind of relative to one’s milieu, but…

-Dirty Projectors - the old stuff, maybe not that obscure, but they’re reinterpretation on Black Flag’s “Rise Above” is still the chit
-The Birthday Party - OG Nick Cave band
-Department of Eagles - “In Ear Park” was a tremendous album
-Magnetic Fields - are they obscure? Sure seem to be with the youngin’s, but they’re great

Kinda obscure international stuff that’s tops:
-Abdel Halim Hafez - Egypt’s old boy wonder crooner
-Oum Kalthoum - Egypt’s “fourth pyramid,” perhaps their greatest export since papyrus
-Docteur Nico - Congolese rhumba, some of the best summertime music I can imagine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back