Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NW Montana Whitey

Hntnhrd

It has been a long season so far guideing others but I fianlly got a chance to hunt on my own for a couple days. My wife and I purchased a small cabin west of kalispell a few years ago and I have been spending the last couple seasons trying to figure out the areas whitetails. I think I am starting to get them narrowed down. This isn't the biggest buck around but is a pretty good one. Not much of a story I had spent the morning still hunting around some Plum Creek co cut areas and found this guy with his nose to the ground. To good to pass on!.

When I caped him I found a mushroomed 22 bullet at the base of one ear. Pretty fresh too as it was bloody and no infection type stuff around it. Really kind of pissed me off. I saved it and am thinking of turning it in to the local warden up there. I doubt it will do any good but better then not saying anything at all.

Very nice Tony. I spotted a real nice whitetail buck right at dark up at my property last week. He had me ready to hold off my quest for a trophy mulie for another year, but ran out of light before I could get him. Still 2 more weeks anyway. Seeing lot's of smaller mule deer bucks but no shooter's yet! Seen some real nice rams as well. Elk have been tough however. Sounds like your guiding business is going good.....congrats.

thanks Paul. Sounds like the property was a great investment in more than a financial way!! Elk were tough in the big hole this year too. First week of rifle was just so stinkin hot. The outfitting thing was very interesting. I thought hunters that would spend that kind of money for a trip would 1 listen to their guide and have confidence that they know what they are doing. 2 that elk are not whitetail deer and therefore don;t act the same and 3 with all the money they paid they would rather be out hunting instead of in camp 2 hours before dark or begging to go back to town with two days left in their hunt to drink and watch football!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One guy had 3 seperate bulls in front of him and he didn't pull the trigger. He never had killed an elk and this was his 4th hunt. His hunting partners told me later he has never killed an animal on hunts they have done togethe. "He is just not a killer" they told me. Kind of stinks when potential clients always want to know success rates.
Still I enjoy it very much.

just for the heck of it I brought the jaw bone from this buck to the check station this weekend ( they are only open on the weekends on highway 2 !!) and they aged it 3 1/2 years old. I can only imagine what this guy would have looked at when he grew up.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back