NW Colorado whitetail

Sagebrush1

My son was told by a buddy of his that lives there, that there was a verifiable sighting of a WT in Maybell, CO.

Anybody hear anything like this before?

I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen them along the Colorado River near Kremmling, along the Michigan River near Gould, and the upper North Platte River near Encampment. A friend told me he saw some along the Yampa right at Hayden.

Was doing some work near 4 corners a few years ago, found a whitetail shed along the San Juan river. Someone could have thrown it off the bridge I suppose...

I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen them along the Colorado River near Kremmling, along the Michigan River near Gould, and the upper North Platte River near Encampment. A friend told me he saw some along the Yampa right at Hayden.
Was hunting by Hot Sulphur Springs one year and a guy and his buddy brought in two pretty decent sized whitetails to the CWD check station.

shot between encampment and saratoga

it was off alfalfa, i saw them on small batches of public too but it was proving rather difficult to get them. i started running out of time and called for an access favor at the last minute.

seems to me if there is a river valley in the west, especially with alfalfa somewhere in it, there will be some white tails

IMG-5439.jpg

Last edited:
I know the whitetails in TX. are a smaller deer than northeastern WT.
Southern WT such as SC FL are also smaller deer. I'm guessing the WT moving west may be of the larger body deer from the Midwest states.
It would be interesting to find out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back