Yeti GOBOX Collection

NV mountain goats

Gr8bawana

Took a few pics of some goats on the Ruby Mountains of NV during my deer hunt last month and thought I would share them. The goats are on the peak on the right which this year had almost no snow at all.
We also found a tent that looked like it had been left there several years ago under a big tree along with some empty fuel canisters and mtn goat legbones. They were way too masive to be deer bones. I guess once they had their goat they didn't want to pack the tent and garbage out.
Still hoping to draw this tag before I die and can still make the trek up there.
DSCN0868.jpgDSCN0875.jpgDSCN0872.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1226.jpg
    DSCN1226.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Nevada has some big billy goats. Both in body and horn. Hope 2019 finds you with a tag in your pocket!

I hope NV brings back the 1 non res tag. It belongs to me.

I was up there a couple months ago, didn't run into any goats but then again I only had a day and a half. I was on the lookout though. Thanks for sharing.

Nice. I got to get up there again and take a look at them myself. If you find a goat tag in your pocket and struggling to get to the top, give me a shout as I will gladly be your Sherpa for that hunt.

Nice - I need to be applying to hunt goats on sagebrush slopes, looks inviting compared to these stupid places I've been applying for:)
wedgelake.jpg

This was a Ruby Mountain's goat I stumbled 30 yards from this summer. Snapped a quick pic as he/she went hightailing it outta there. Such incredible creatures. P1030175.jpg

I saw about 30 of them several years ago while archery hunting the Rubies.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back