NV Draw

0-fer-5 in NV for me with 16 NR points and no HF top 5 picks. I pity the young folks just getting in this game who think they are going to draw some primo tag someday. They have even more 0's in their future, and no doubt they will only pay more for the opportunity to not hunt. Point systems are a bottomless pit.

The longer I play these games and experience various hunts, the more my opinion changes that many if not most of these primo tags are overhyped and just not worth chasing for the slight upgrade in quality.

Last edited:
0-fer-5 in NV for me with 16 NR points and no HF top 5 picks. I pity the young folks just getting in this game who think they are going to draw some primo tag someday. They have even more 0's in their future, and no doubt they will only pay more for the opportunity to not hunt. Point systems are a bottomless pit.

It is very tough for non res to draw tags in NV then again it's very hard to draw non res tags in a lot of states.
There is a guy on another forum that has 23 non res bonus points for deer in NV. It's only that hard to draw when you apply only for an area that has astronomical odds. He does admit that he only applies for a couple of primo areas.
For bull elk, bighorn and mtn goat all bets are off even for resident hunters.

No tags for me, however my wife drew a November rifle tag for 261-268. Any and all help welcome, never even seen the country, just wanted to try something new. Congrats to all that got tags, will help those that I can if I know the area.

No tags for me, however my wife drew a November rifle tag for 261-268. Any and all help welcome, never even seen the country, just wanted to try something new. Congrats to all that got tags, will help those that I can if I know the area.

That's a tough hunt. I have seen a couple of really nice bucks near Mt Sterling on the north end of the Spring mtns.
Years ago I saw a big buck on the west side of Mt Potosi. Sometimes deer get hit crossing the highway at Mountain Springs so there are a few deer in that area.
Good luck to you and your wife.

I drew a rifle mule deer tag in 251-254. As a non-resident I tried Randy's approach of not applying in the HF Top 5 units to improve my odds. I need to study up starting next week.

I drew my first ever archery tag and what better then to chase cow elk around the mountains. Area 6 here I come again. We took a really nice bull out of there 3 yrs ago and I've been biting at the bit to get back there. Between my family and I we've been fortunate enough to hunt elk in Nevada 3 out of the last 4 yrs. Congrats to those of you that drew, and to those that didn't, just hang in there. It's soo worth it!!

I drew a rifle mule deer tag in 251-254. As a non-resident I tried Randy's approach of not applying in the HF Top 5 units to improve my odds. I need to study up starting next week.

I had an antelope tag there a few yeas ago and there is some good looking deer country out there.

Well it looks like I drew my first ever tag in Nevada. Unit 31 Antelope.

Been a tough year drawing my tags for me so I guess I should be happy. Now I just need to figure out where unit 31 is! ;)

Just came across this post, how was your hunt? I'm in a similar situation this year, I drew Unit 31 antelope. Any suggestions / pointers for that area. I'm going to make a trip out in two weeks, but I've never been in that unit so I was hoping that you could possibly push me in the right direction.

Good morning Hunt Talk, new member here and new hunter. I lived in LV for 9 years before moving back east for work. Finally drew my first mule deer tag. Early Rifle 171-173. Any advise or help would be appreciated. I just signed up for ONX Maps, cant wait to get after it. Looking at the moon phases for my hunt the later part will be full moon, would you shy away from hunting the last week because of this? Let me know your thoughts and happy hunting.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back