Nosler RDF Experience

I'm finally taking it to the smith on the 1st. 2023 was a bumpy ride and the rebarrel got shoved to the side. mtmuley

I hear you there. ‘24 will be a new barrel year for me too. That lilja will treat you well. Taking off a factory barrel?

I hear you there. ‘24 will be a new barrel year for me too. That lilja will treat you well. Taking off a factory barrel?
Yep. Factory. The barrel shot amazingly well for a Remington made in 2000. J-Lok and all. Still holds MOA. But, I got it in my head it isn't good enough. Mostly chose Lilja as they are close to me in Montana, and a friend has had great experiences with them. Should be fun. You rebarreling with a Lilja? mtmuley

Yep. Factory. The barrel shot amazingly well for a Remington made in 2000. J-Lok and all. Still holds MOA. But, I got it in my head it isn't good enough. Mostly chose Lilja as they are close to me in Montana, and a friend has had great experiences with them. Should be fun. You rebarreling with a Lilja? mtmuley
Nice. Hard to go wrong with any of the custom barrel makers. I’m actually going to try an Ace barrel. They’re made in Spokane

@mtmuley what barrel profile did you go with? Carson is a great guy. I met him a few years ago and I still haven't bought anything from him. One of these days

@mtmuley what barrel profile did you go with? Carson is a great guy. I met him a few years ago and I still haven't bought anything from him. One of these days
Went with the Remington contour I had so there won't be any additional stock work beyond a pillar bed job. I'm already spending too much on a rifle strictly for elk killing. mtmuley

Back