Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nosler bullets

This is very interesting. I've only got 1 experience with 120BT and that was out of my 280rem.

Long story short, a 200yd shot square on the front shoulder of a yearly whitetail doe. My dad ended up shooting the deer again 1.5 miles away. My bullet had exploded on the shoulder blade. Never made it into the chest cavity.

Granted this was 10years ago now. As stated above the construction may have changed. I have no idea on that. But I do know my experience has steered me other directions in bullet choice.

I was loading 115 grain Ballistic Tips in my 25-06 and had the same experience happen with me on a Muley buck at about 175 broadside. After 4 well placed shots I was finally able to get him down. The next day I sold what I had left of the BT's and went back to my partitions.

I found great results with 150 partritions out of my .280, I wanted to use 150 accubonds but couldnt find any.
Good luck

I know a guy who swears by ballistic tips He is always telling me how tight a group they shoot out of his guns and how they leave such a devastating wound. Strange though he also seems to lose a lot of blood trails every year. Says he followed that big bear for miles last year before losing it. Unfortunately he can't seem to give up on those .5 moa groups for something moa that kills what he hits. It anger's me so.

I know a guy who swears by ballistic tips He is always telling me how tight a group they shoot out of his guns and how they leave such a devastating wound. Strange though he also seems to lose a lot of blood trails every year. Says he followed that big bear for miles last year before losing it. Unfortunately he can't seem to give up on those .5 moa groups for something moa that kills what he hits. It anger's me so.

Yep. A devastating wound does not mean much on a tough animal if there is not penetration. These discussions absolutely make me sick! Why use a bullet that may or may not work when there are such great bullets that flat work-AB, Part, and several mono-metals. I don't get why people want to defend bullets that perform inconsistently.

I guess if you want to chance it, THEN GO FOR IT! Personally, when I hunt something, I intend to kill it-NOT BLOOD TRAIL IT FOREVER HOPING IT WILL DIE!! For my money, I am going to use bullets that make all the money that I spend on hunting worth it. Incredible!!

There are obviously a LOT of people who do not understand how bullets are made and what they are made to do!!!

I bought some partition from the Nosler pro shop as seconds and have been using them for hunting every sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back