North woods fishing family trip

Redman

Since or Alaska trip got put on hold we decided to take a fishing trip up Nort to Wisconsin. I have gone up there all my life but Casey has never experienced it.

If you ever go through Rice Lake you have to stop here at the Norske Nook...arguably the best pies you can get anywhere. Pick up a Ufta shirt while you're there.
20220604_135639.jpg
Casey was amazed right off with the fishing and it had been slow compared to most years.
20220605_123402.jpg
Christopher our 7 year old is having a blast.
Between baiting hooks and taking fish off I was able to get some fishing in.
IMG_1145.jpg
Beautiful sun set on our first evening.
IMG_1148.jpg

More pictures and stories to come..maybe.

Attachments

• 20220604_193120.jpg
    20220604_193120.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I can promise you that your son will never forget a vacation like that with his folks.
Growing up, my uncle took us to Lk Michigamme in the UP for a week or two each summer. Still some of my fondest memories.

Hope you and your enjoy many more!

I'd love to take a fishing trip up there. Only thing in the way is money! Thinking I'm gonna tuff it some day and put a camper on the back of my truck, hook up the boat and hit up north on the way out and then down into the south for crsappie and catfish coming home. Figure I can do it in under three years! Always wanted to go up to Lake of the Woods and down south fishing!

Great pics and I’m sure y’all are having a blast! I’m heading up to Ontario in a couple weeks with my dad and brother. I can’t wait since the past few years have been canceled.

I'd love to take a fishing trip up there. Only thing in the way is money! Thinking I'm gonna tuff it some day and put a camper on the back of my truck, hook up the boat and hit up north on the way out and then down into the south for crsappie and catfish coming home. Figure I can do it in under three years! Always wanted to go up to Lake of the Woods and down south fishing!
Plenty of places to camp. We rent a cabin on a chain of lakes that comes with a boat. All we do is bring our fishing gear.

[/QUOTE]
My uncle used to take me up to his parents place sometimes twice a year fishing ice fishing in winter and summer fishing too. Had a blast and memories to last a lifetime. Our son Chris is loving it!

Since or Alaska trip got put on hold we decided to take a fishing trip up Nort to Wisconsin. I have gone up there all my life but Casey has never experienced it.

If you ever go through Rice Lake you have to stop here at the Norske Nook...arguably the best pies you can get anywhere. Pick up a Ufta shirt while you're there.
View attachment 225117
Casey was amazed right off with the fishing and it had been slow compared to most years.
View attachment 225118
Christopher our 7 year old is having a blast.
Between baiting hooks and taking fish off I was able to get some fishing in.
View attachment 225120
Beautiful sun set on our first evening.
View attachment 225121

More pictures and stories to come..maybe.
Pure Joy!

Looks like an awesome time, been too long since I've been up that way. My grandpa used to take my dad to St. Germain all the time and our dad took us, haven't been in probably 20 years. Need to change that soon when the boys get just a tad older. Thanks for sharing.

FB_IMG_1655048158676.jpg
Welll....not the blood I was wanting to get on my new RMEF hat. Miss Casey was learning the finer points of Northern fishing and hooked a suckered! Tried to remove it with my Leatherman but it was too far embedded. Cut the line and motoredback to the cabin and used side cuts. Casey tried to remove it as well as my parents but everyone was to worried about causing me pain...so I pushed them through past the barbs and pulled them out. Kind of reminds me of Randy's story of his uncle Jimmer catching Randy's dad while fishing 🤣
20220610_061322.jpg
Last morning on the water and headed home. Great trip for all!

Glad you had a great time in Wisconson, some nice catches (except for your head of course)!

The one pumpkinseed is very nice, they are a cool looking fish for sure.

Glad you had a great time in Wisconson, some nice catches (except for your head of course)!

The one pumpkinseed is very nice, they are a cool looking fish for sure.
Yes we caught a lot of the big pumpkinseeds and blue gill. I was hoping to get into the big perch but only caught one. This is the earliest I have fished up there usually go towards the end of June and do better. Not complaining though, it is still better than anything here in Indiana.

Those bluegill are fun to catch and a life saver from the dreaded "Skunk" title... haha!

Had a buddy set a hook in his eye brow. Just missed his eye! We were fishing from a canoe and he set the hook to his dismay the lure flew at Top Gun speed and smacked him! I pulled it through and cut the barb tip off... He didn't enjoy the canoe setting for such an operation. Haha! Some hello kitty band-aid and back to fishing.

Looks like a great time! Grats!

Those bluegill are fun to catch and a life saver from the dreaded "Skunk" title... haha!

Had a buddy set a hook in his eye brow. Just missed his eye! We were fishing from a canoe and he set the hook to his dismay the lure flew at Top Gun speed and smacked him! I pulled it through and cut the barb tip off... He didn't enjoy the canoe setting for such an operation. Haha! Some hello kitty band-aid and back to fishing.

Looks like a great time! Grats!
Yep most of my fishing has been from a canoe and have removed many a hook over the years from myself and others. I told her now a days people pay money to have various parts of their body pierced.🤣

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back