Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Non-American land ownership

That is an interesting article.

Although it is weird and frankly seems wrong to me that Chinese entities, or Canadian ones, own land in the United States, even more so large chunks of land, the maps can kind of deceive. Jefferson County, MT, where I live, supposedly has over 7,000 acres of Canadian owned farmland. This puts it in the second darkest break of the graduated color ramp, but it is still only .6% of our county.

"This land is your land, this land is my land", and any foreigner who can afford it too, apparently.

I think I've shared articles on this subject before, but it's worth repeating:

Lotta Americans own second homes in Baja…

Any idea how much land US companies own around the globe.
If you look closely the land those homes are on is owned by a Mexican national in a Trust

In Mexico, there are Banks which are authorized to open fiduciary accounts and conduct trust operations. The Trustee holds legal title to the real estate property during the term of the Mexican trust contract and is also empowered with rights and powers necessary to achieve the objectives of the contractual agreement creating the Trust.

Lots of Canadians own second homes in Palm Springs, CA. Even Jim Shockey has a home in North Carolina...

Can’t we take it back from Canada if we decide we need it?

Just kidding folks….But seriously, what’s the first thing every communist country does? Take land from foreigners?

There are many countries where non-citizens can buy land, and there are others where they cannot buy land. In some countries, non-citizens can buy apartments or villas, or land less than roughly half a hectare, but cannot buy larger tracts.

Seems sensible to me. Outside of some sort mental gymnastics related to trickle down, it's hard to see how Americans would benefit from non-Americans owning large tracts of land. I can think of many ways in which such ownership would be a detriment to Americans

it's hard to see how Americans would benefit from non-Americans owning large tracts of land.
Capitalism. If you're selling land and a Canadian trust fund wants to pay more than anyone else, how does that not benefit you? I mean SOOOO much of America as both an institution and mindset is based on maximizing the benefit for the individual, this falls squarely within that space.

What I find interesting, is that typically the same people that are the most supportive of individual rights are typically anti-global free market.

Back