NoDak Muley 2013

Badlandcat

Got lucky in NoDak. Not a high scorer, but I like big 3 points.
P10103962.JPG

P10103821.JPG

Uffda. Not sure what I find more impressive, a really big 3-point muley, a huge 4X4 whitetail, or a lunker 5-point bull elk with big whale tails. Shooting that buck is a no-brainer.

Congrats on your success.

Great buck, congrats. There is something I really like about a big 3 point muley with the forks in the back.

The NoDak hunt
Went over for a few days after the rush of opening weekend with the hopes relocating a very large 2 point with brow tines that I seen a couple times while bow hunting in Sept.
On the 3rd day, when I was moving from one lookout to another I bumped into this 3 point and after a very quick decision I had to take him. No time to range him, just judge and crank the scope and pull the trigger. Sometimes the adjustable scopes aren't the best thing. Used a Cooper Model 22 in 6.5 x 284.
He was a good one to get out of the gene pool. That was what I wanted to do with the big 2 point. Hung around a couple days checking out the next years bucks and never did see the 2 point. Did find some good ones for next year.
wyo, working on the pics. will get some good ones when this buck get back from the beetle guy.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back