No sheep hunt this Year.

pointingdogsrule

Huntin' fool has some openings for stone sheep hunts. $35,000.00 - $39,000.00. I guess I won't be going this year :)

good luck to all
the dog

At the WSF's awards breakfast last year, the top two awards for desert bighorn went to the same guy. In 2010, my dall sheep guide buddy guided a fellow who was on his 5th sheep hunt of the year.

I think the Tiburon tags that sold at auction last year went for $90-$95k....at least the first couple.

The one on Tiburon? IIRC they start at $50K, plus other fees[/QUOTE

I figure that one was north of 100k due to the Trophies high ranking in the all time record book. Still pretty reasonable compared to a mt auction tag I guess.

I read that too yesterday and chuckled to myself. Maybe a cancellation hunt would only be 25-30k :)

Just watched Jim Burnworth hunt sheep in Sonora, Mexico. Some outfitter gave him a tag, and he had 6-7 guides helping him during the hunt. He first arrowed the sheep at 70+ yards, and then made a follow up shot at 90+ yards.

Seems realistic...

Just watched Jim Burnworth hunt sheep in Sonora, Mexico. Some outfitter gave him a tag, and he had 6-7 guides helping him during the hunt. He first arrowed the sheep at 70+ yards, and then made a follow up shot at 90+ yards.

Seems realistic...

Did he do the celebratory exploding fireball shot/arms raised chubbed silhouette? :cool:

Did he do the celebratory exploding fireball shot/arms raised chubbed silhouette? :cool:

Almost, he screamed "WESTERN EXTREME" in his "raised chubbed" pose silhouetted against the skyline. While a dying sheep lay a couple hundred yards in front of him.

First class all the way. :rolleyes:

Its not a lot more than many Stone sheep hunts. They run in the upper 20's to mid 30's.

10 years ago you could get on a Stone hunt for what a Dall goes for today. Sheep hunting isn't for the poor...

Pard shot a heck of a Stone's sheep for about half of those listed in Huntin' Fool. He shot the guy a low ball price and he took it. Even at that price, they are all but out of reach for me, Dalls too....

Pard shot a heck of a Stone's sheep for about half of those listed in Huntin' Fool. He shot the guy a low ball price and he took it. Even at that price, they are all but out of reach for me, Dalls too....

"heck of a" is an under statement! Thats a dream ram, I think for just about anyone.

I was doing a search on Stone's not long ago and found an outfitter who ran camps in north and south BC, prices were $9-12,000. "Only $9,000" for a black/white southern Stonet... Then I noted the last update on his web page. It was 15 years old, I had a good cry...

Yeah it was big. IIRC in the 40+" range. He was VERY happy. He's heading to Kodiak for a brown bear hunt in April. I'm definitely living wrong... :(

BOY's stone ram is killer big.

He must save $ by eating potatoes and rice all year.

There was a time when I figured I would be able to afford a Stone hunt. Then I woke up. Can't complain, as I've experienced some excellent DIY sheep/goat hunting in some awesome country.

That being said, I clearly see that 2012 will hold multiple sheep tags for me. ID, MT, NV just to name a few.

Costs me $50 for a tag and I can hunt them every year till i kill and then the sad part is that I have to sit out one year till I can hunt again. Tough life isn't it:D Sorry, had to rub it in:)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back