No non-resident hunting on Wyoming wilderness unless you have a Guide - when are you all going to fight this?

The Wyoming thing concerns me much less than SD and what Arkansas has done (limiting days that NR can hunt waterfowl). I also think it could be a negative for residents in the long run. IMO, increase fees and keep it open to NR. Then use the increase in revenue to secure more public hunting access for everyone, R and NR alike.

Last edited:
I've worked with just one WY wilderness guide and he was the nicest guy you ever met. I have zero issue with him making a living As he does legally. As much as I despise the WY wilderness guide rule, I think it's important to remember that some of the actual real people involved in this are not the bad guys. Just because your organized political group is less successful in getting what you want than someone else's organized political group doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong and you're right. It just means you have some work to do in a free democracy to get something accomplished using the exact same mechanism.

Back