Yeti GOBOX Collection

No more guessing

I agree that not good for fair chase hunting in my opinion, but the geek in me thinks the 3-D capabilities are really cool technology.

I agree that not good for fair chase hunting in my opinion, but the geek in me thinks the 3-D capabilities are really cool technology.
I find it interesting that's where you draw the line. Cool technology for certain and we'll see more of this and cheaper.

BrentD will be all over this. mtmuley

Laying the bait.

giphy.gif

I don't use every tech available. I don't think this new tech is a good idea. Every hunter has their limits. mtmuley

But is that good enough? The technology that I prefer was sufficient for a bunch of post-civil war bumpkins in wagons to kill off, not only the bison, but also all the elk, deer, and sheep throughout the west. Patched roundballs had already don't the same in the East. Now we have so much technology (and not just rifles and ammo and scopes), that we have to titrate game populations down to the last possible bull and cow tag. Seasons get shorter, tags get scarcer, habitat gets chopped to pieces. I could go on and on, as could you. FWIW, there is no ESS that will pull us out of this. Only VERY unpopular political intervention can, and you know that won't fly.

You lost me at the word "political" Brent. Have nice weekend. mtmuley

Actually my weekend totally sucks, but that's another matter.

If not political, then what? There is no way out of this that is NOT political. You can dislike that, but it is the only hope.

Ever read "Tragedy of the Commons" by Garrett Hardin? When I said there is no ESS out of this mess, that's what I meant.

all things being equal, I am with Brent on this one. I dont even have a scope on my main hunting rifle.

Hunting, Shooting, Technology, ???? or, perhaps a bit of all three.

Back