Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

No elk

Rooster52

No elk for me this year.Weather to nice to bring them down from the high country.Did see more mule deer than the past few trips. Deer are looking up!
Hope to be back next year .

are you still out there??I'll give you a spot to go find a bull next to your unit

Don't feel bad Rooster. I still haven't punched a tag yet. Both the elk and deer are currently winning. I sure hope my luck changes soon. My freezer is crying for some venison. LOL

Making plans on returning next year but probably for deer not elk. I did see a lot more deer than previous few years and me with no deer tag.

Last edited:
Loved the time we had in Wyoming.Wife and I plan on going again next year but for deer and antelope not elk. We saw lots of deer and tons of antelope. My wife hasnever shot an antelope . Should be fun.

Sounds like a difference in habitat and maybe weather timing. Where I hunted early season we saw tons of elk, but we were miles in an up high, all on foot though. I only saw two muley does for big game other than elk. It wasn't until we left the NF land and hit the lower elevation did we see mulies and antelope.

Maybe if there had been a early winter you would've had a shot at an elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back