Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NM Landowner Tags

mconway951

Anybody ever do a DIY hunt with a landowner tag really want to hunt in NM this year and have heard about Landowner tags just have no Idea how it works.
I am sure that once you buy the tag it is only good for the ranch that you get the tag from.
Anyone know when they go up for sale and any idea what they cost over a regular license.
Looking at antelope deer and elk I have heard they do oryx on landowner tags as well but not sure thats in the budget this year.

Any info is greatly appreciated

The lists are is posted on the NM G&F website. Here are the links.

You can get a "Ranch Only" or "Unit Wide" elk voucher. They are pretty much as the names declare. Either you hunt the deeded land of the rancher, or your hunt the entire unit. Still confusing to me how a landowner gets a tag for an entire unit, but each state has their own reason for doing things.

Antelope vouchers are specific to that ranch for rifle hunts or for the entire unit for antelope hunts.

Price varies by perceived quality, weapons type, and season date. RO tags are for sure much cheaper than UW tags.

Antelope Landowner List

Elk Landowner List

Is New Mexico doing away with Landowner Tags? I know there was quite a stir on Monster Muleys about it not too long ago

Mike,
Let me know if you are looking for an oryx tag outside the draw. I did a bit of research on it and found a few options though with all of them you need to pay NMG&F for the tag in addition to the LO access so it isn't cheap but if a guy really wanted one....The total would run about the same as drawing the WSMR and hiring a guide

They post the current years list in the spring sometime. Think it is a bit before the draw or draw results are out.

They cost whatever the market will bear. Elk voucher for top units can be $3,500 to $6,000 for archery last time I looked closely. Prices differ depending on weapon choice, again market based for the most part. You can download last years list are start calling landowners with some asssumption that the guys who had them last year will again. And pay after they are awarded their tags. If you buy from an outfitter or voucher reseller you are going to pay more than if you simply call landowners for yourself. For example, Huntin fool may get 10% fee for selling them, therabouts from what I heard from a landowner.

Unless you really know the ranch and the animals they have on it, may want to buy Unit Wide tags only or you risk a bad experince.

You pay for the voucher with the landowner and then buy an actual tag from the state and 'activate' the voucher.

I have done NM LO tags for several years now.
The SCR and E-Plus LO lists come out in June "usually".
You should call LO's that have tags for your chosen unit from both the SCR list and the regular E-Plus list.
Archery Elk tags:
Lower end units like 51/52/48 will run 1250 to 2500
mid tier will run 3500
top end, 15, 16's will run 5000+

make sure you get unit wide tags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back