Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NM draw is open.

Hank, do you have any turkeys in that area your land is in? I also own the same unit, but haven't seen turkeys anywhere yet
No. I heard one in a canyon near me 8 years ago.
I see them elk hunting or getting firewood, with no tag.
I have never bothered to hunt birds in NM. I was spoiled by CA that way. Shoot them off my porch deal.

I should be lined up for good archery tag in another state this year so I am taking a break in NM elk.

Lope, Mule Deer and Sheep are all getting my money 💰 to draw though

Out of curiosity, did the new muzzle loader rule change anybody app strategy this year?

Last edited:
I applied for a muzzleloader tag for first three choices. But not necessarily because of the rule change, I just wanted those tags.
That's about how I figured. My first choice was an any weapon(was ml last year) and then did two ml choices

I put in for ML for several hunts, but not holding my breath.

Seems the more interesting stat would be to see who didn't apply for ML because they can't use optics.

David
NM

I knew a guy who would enter the MZ draw for the purpose of hunting with a crossbow. I don’t know if the rule bans all scopes during muzzle loader seasons or only on BP guns during those seasons. Also of note is the difference on a crossbow is negligible and may only matter to a small cadre of weirdos here in NM.

Deadline is 17:00 Wednesday! RANDOMIZED DRAW CONSTANT #3- Deadline is finite and does not observe “New Mexico” time.
If you wait until 16:00 and try to apply with all the other tardies, system will move slowly or just fail to process. G&F will listen to you whine on Thursday, but cannot enter anyone after 3/22.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back