Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NM Barbary sheep hunt

I had been told that the meat from an aoudad/Barbary sheep just wasn't very good eating, today I cooked up some backstrap on the Traeger grill/smoker and was pleasantly surprised. My wife likes some wild-game, but not all critters, even she liked the flavor. It was quite tough, but pretty dang good.

Attachments

• Backstrap.jpg
    Backstrap.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,156
That has been my experience with it. Great flavor but tough. I now grind mine up and make different types of sausage and it's is great.

JLS - I'm terrible at guessing weight, but the internet says they can get up to 300lbs, no idea what this one weighed but they have a pretty blocky-solid build.

flyfishmadison - 28"

Good share fishin4...list item for me.

Might hafta pony up for a Big Bend auodad someday.

I've always thought that would be a great winter escape... Looks like a really fun trip!

Let us know how the meat is.

That looks like a nice ram. I never tried to get the permit, when I lived there, but I have a friend that has killed one or two on public land above Alamogordo.

Great article. Headed to south Texas in a couple of weeks for aoudad, myself. If you ever have the opportunity to hunt them, go for it.

Congratulations, looks and sounds like a great hunt. If you don't mind me asking what's the price of a hunt like that ? With the outfitter.

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back