NM antelope changes for 2019

TwistedSage

Not sure who had a chance to check out the 2019 proclamation but it seems It will be even harder to draw a NM antelope tag this year. I heard about the proposed changes last year with the management strategy to follow the way the deer are managed and allow for one to buy a private land antelope tag otc. At the time I ignorantly thought well that sounds good I see antelope all over the place out here i know many of the land owners, this year I will be hunting antelope. I would be putting in for the draw anyway but if I didnt beat those long odds I'd have a fallback.

Then I checked out the new antelope regs today. Public land draw tags have been slashed almost in half in a lot of cases, and the private land tags can only be purchased in a handful of units, none of which happen to be where I live.

I was ignorant and didnt do my homework on this, never understood the complete proposal let alone voiced an opinion.

Seems that antelope tag will be be even more elusive this year. Damnit, and I an mad at myself for not being more involved. Rant over.

The changes to antelope this year are major.
Guess I'll never draw one or be able to afford a LO tag now.
10 ranchers I know who got tags before do not now. They own less than 12k ac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkside
Back