PEAX Equipment

NFL Draft!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date

Are you excited for the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Life long football fan and long time season ticket holder - but I quit caring about the draft many years ago - I will spend 5 minutes when Vikes are on the clock for first pick - after that I just care about play on the field in the fall. But you have to give the NFL credit for creating an appetite for year long football "intrigue".

I'm not a college football guy, so I've basically never heard of any of the players picked. I basically just watch when the Packers are on the clock. All I know is that the they better pick a darn receiver in the first round

Life long football fan and long time season ticket holder - but I quit caring about the draft many years ago - I will spend 5 minutes when Vikes are on the clock for first pick - after that I just care about play on the field in the fall. But you have to give the NFL credit for creating an appetite for year long football "intrigue".

In reality, nobody will know for 3 years minimum if most of these picks were right or wrong but it is fun if you follow college football seeing where these kids end up and like you said, more entertainment and reasons to get together with some buddies and drink some beer and eat some meat.

I started paying more attention to both college football and the draft when I got into fantasy football. Many fantasy guys are really casual so having some knowledge of the rookies has helped me.

I drafted Todd Gurley his rookie year and that ended up being a nice depth pick.

Also have 2 years of a dynasty league now, so the draft is where I get a chance to improve on my bad decisions from 2 years ago.

I started paying more attention to both college football and the draft when I got into fantasy football. Many fantasy guys are really casual so having some knowledge of the rookies has helped me.

I drafted Todd Gurley his rookie year and that ended up being a nice depth pick.

Also have 2 years of a dynasty league now, so the draft is where I get a chance to improve on my bad decisions from 2 years ago.
We should really make a dedicated keeper league on here!

Plus, like the Bears, the vikes manage to pull out the "SSDY" label. That kills the offseason too. For example, people get tired of a merry-go-round! At least the Vikes got a lot for Diva Diggs.

However, I'm a Raiders fan and the fact they are only 8 hours away now is the only thing exciting about their team.
Win, lose or tie a Raider till I die! Just made my last payment on season tickets, so f' COVID-19 come this fall!

I hope they do well this year, but not overly optimistic.
I am hoping they can get to 9-7, assuming a regular season happens. It will be a tough season though KC twice, New Orleans and a Brady led Tampa Bay. AFC East is the division they face so should be a couple wins there but then the Jets manhandled them last year. The defense adds in the off-season and a smart draft will help. After being a season ticket holder in Oakland and dealing with that dinosaur of a coliseum I am really looking forward to sitting in Allegiant Stadium.

I used to watch every game on Sundays. Now I might be lucky to catch the Packers game. My ADD does not let me sit through a whole game though.

Lifelong bears fan, da bears. Please don't pick another trubisky. That guy kills me. Hopefully they trade him, if anyone wants him. Also will be watching the local teams. Even the Panthers since Scam Newton is finally gone. Looks like my tigers may have 3 picked in the first round. Can't wait, should be fun.

Last edited:
Buccaneers wont be drafting a TE

Funny stuff. The slim version of your new TE will only bulk up to playing weight if has a bit of help from Brady's "nutrition" coach. The TE is on wrong side of the hill and adding weight and "nutrition" will break him down if, if, if does not test hot and get suspended. QB is rented, not going to enjoy continued losing that began about week 12 last year. Yeesh, reminds me of the baseless hope of Browns fans and bettors last year. Reality is a hammer and I look forward to the nail disappearing into the board by about Week 10 again when the old body gives out. Again. The QB knew every cornerback and defensive scheme after years in the AFC East. His targets ran the same routes and was like a dance. New set of cornerbacks will feast on a QB that was drilling passes 10 yards short late last season. Reminds me of Hammerin' Hank tapping out a homerun here and there after he peaked. A lot of strike outs in that last waltz. Turn out the lights, the party's over...

My Cardinals are going to take a Lineman or a receiver in first round .I will hear it on the news on my way to turkey Hunting in the White Mtns. Thats more important .. Out in the Southwest we live outside. ,It aint no big deal here. Life goes on. And Rookies know in the big time everyone is faster, Hits, harder and in most cases Bigger. They are Ready for it. And If You are a Bad asz ,You don't care . You are gonna kick but at the next level. I remember when the late Great Pat Tillman was a Rookie with the Cardinals out of ASU, the first few practices He was jut laying it laying it to everyone., and the had to tell Him take it easy. We all know the rest of the Story. Good Luck to Your teams all..............BOB!

Back