NFA Wait Times

Sounds like most of us went with Silencer central for the dealer. Anyone actually have the banish 30 or 30 gold that could give a review? I’ve watched. Lot of YouTube videos and read articles but I always feel like this are probably biased or paid for.

When I started the process in March I was hopeful to have it by Rifle season here in Wyoming. They were pushing for turn around times as fast as 90 days. I was optimistic but also realized we were working with the government.

Also. All my rifles are 24 or 26 inch barrels. Anyone ever cut theirs down to 18-20 and thread it? I’m sure it lose some velocity by doing that. Anything else I should think about?

Sounds like most of us went with Silencer central for the dealer. Anyone actually have the banish 30 or 30 gold that could give a review? I’ve watched. Lot of YouTube videos and read articles but I always feel like this are probably biased or paid for.

When I started the process in March I was hopeful to have it by Rifle season here in Wyoming. They were pushing for turn around times as fast as 90 days. I was optimistic but also realized we were working with the government.

Also. All my rifles are 24 or 26 inch barrels. Anyone ever cut theirs down to 18-20 and thread it? I’m sure it lose some velocity by doing that. Anything else I should think about?
@brockel has one. I bought off his recommendation.

So if it sucks it’s his fault.

These two were build specifically for running an 8-9” suppressor.

I still need to have them threaded etc, but that 18” .280 Remington barrel is NOT lacking even at distance. It’s still showing 2800- 2900 fps with 165 gr Remington corelokt ammo.

The 26” .260 Remington I haven’t Chronographed yet.

C96431CB-EBB1-4728-BB3C-EC4278BB3042.jpeg

Have a 17” 6.5 prc shooting 140 grain bergers at 2820fps and a 17” 22-250 shooting 53 grain hornady hp almost 3700fps. Love my banish 30. I have a hard time planning anymore rifles that aren’t threaded for a suppressor

No complaints on mine. They just came out with a backcountry one that’s 5” and good for 300 rum. I may end up with one
I saw that and had a small amount of buyers remorse with the upcoming RUM project.

I called Silencer Central, the guy told me that no - the Banish 30 isn’t rated for a RUM, but if anything happens they don’t ask what rifle it was mounted on…

I saw that and had a small amount of buyers remorse with the upcoming RUM project.

I called Silencer Central, the guy told me that no - the Banish 30 isn’t rated for a RUM, but if anything happens they don’t ask what rifle it was mounted on…

Kinda wondered that with the banish 30. Can’t be much different construction

These two were build specifically for running an 8-9” suppressor.

I still need to have them threaded etc, but that 18” .280 Remington barrel is NOT lacking even at distance. It’s still showing 2800- 2900 fps with 165 gr Remington corelokt ammo.

The 26” .260 Remington I haven’t Chronographed yet.

View attachment 249296
That’s a sweet looking set up. I’m worried that putting a 7-9” can on a 24-26” barrel is going to be too much in the woods. I’m also super nervous about taking them to a gunsmith and saying make this shorter.

I’ve got banish 30 gold and 30 coming. The 30 gold is going to mainly be on my Weatherby 30-378.

That’s a sweet looking set up. I’m worried that putting a 7-9” can on a 24-26” barrel is going to be too much in the woods. I’m also super nervous about taking them to a gunsmith and saying make this shorter.

I’ve got banish 30 gold and 30 coming. The 30 gold is going to mainly be on my Weatherby 30-378.
Already have a smith in line. I didn’t do it yet because this week is Minnesota deer season and I had intended to use these for that. He was far enough out, I’d have had to do without for fear season.

The plan is to take 8” off the 26” barrel and thread them 5/8X24. I have three barrels he’s getting to thread in one shot.

Back