Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NFA Wait Times

I know this was tongue-in-cheek but definitively not worth it. NFA violation come with serious seizures. I hate the wait times as much as anybody (in the middle of a wait time myself from July).
If his tongue was in his cheek, it will likely be bitten off while having a seizure.

True story.

:)

Took a friend's suppressed 300 win out for a spin. Makes me want to spend money!

Got my Banish 30 in early November, bought it in early February. Pretty impressed with what it does for recoil reduction in my Howa Super Lite 308, but then again it added about 15% to the overall weight of the rifle. Have a Banish 22 in the que.

Got my Banish 30 in early November, bought it in early February. Pretty impressed with what it does for recoil reduction in my Howa Super Lite 308, but then again it added about 15% to the overall weight of the rifle. Have a Banish 22 in the que.
How do you feel about noise reduction? I don’t expect movie quiet.

First can, so have nothing to compare it to, but definitely takes away the "concussion" part of the report. Still has the "crack" of the supersonic speed. Kind of weird, but one of the rifles I shot with it, could almost hear buzzing zing of the bullet, the other rifle couldn't hear that. Probably due to different bullets?

My Sandman S , which isn't a really quiet can, makes my 10.5" 223w sound like my 16" 22LR 10/22 when shot back to back.

That same 10/22 with it's MaskHD and standard velocity ammo is really quiet!

Ugh, I hate to ask this question because I think it gets asked quite often but…

does anyone have a good resource for creating a nfa trust? I have siblings and family that are interested in purchasing nfa items into a trust.
We are not in a hurry, and I understand background checks for everyone but need an nfa trust creator- preferable an attorney.

I was at a PSA store and they gave me info for a local attorney that does many trusts for their customers. Maybe check in your local Silencer dealer and see if they have any recommendations

does anyone have a good resource for creating a nfa trust? I have siblings and family that are interested in purchasing nfa items into a trust.
We are not in a hurry, and I understand background checks for everyone but need an nfa trust creator- preferable an attorney.
I know the big silencer shops do them. Like Silencer Central or Silencershop. Of course there will be a cost. If they don’t they can get you headed the right direction. I did mine through Sikencer Central with no issues. They do them for free with purchase so don’t be surprised when they keep asking you to buy a silencer.

I did my own. It’s been a few years. I used the NFA Gun Trust paperwork from Silencer Co and inserted my trust information.

I created my trust after I bought the suppressor to keep the process moving. Second suppressor was bought in the trust.

It was easy to do.

Waiting to hear back if my physical address changing in a month or two is going to mess with processing my paperwork before I pull the trigger on a banish backcountry

Purchased March 25, 2022 and approved January 20, 2023. Eform, silencer central.

🥳
Congratulations.
Prepare for another month of waiting. I was approved 12/30 and SC has yet to ship. I’ve called them and they won’t have CLEO done until Tuesday 1/24.

-Did my 4473 on 1/3. Major snow storm closed their office that whole week.
-CLEO sent the next week on 1/12.
-CLEO received notice 1/17. They have 7 days to say something. Then it should ship sometime after 1/24.

Maybe I’ll have it before the end of January but I’m not that hopeful. At this point it’s been 285 days since ATF submission. So another little while is no big deal. Still faster then paper.

Not grumpy about using SC. But the anticipation of getting the dang suppressor is killing me. Reminds me of Christmas Eve as a little boy. I have friends that have used them with similar experiences. With exception of a snowstorm that shut down everything.

Congratulations.
Prepare for another month of waiting. I was approved 12/30 and SC has yet to ship. I’ve called them and they won’t have CLEO done until Tuesday 1/24.

-Did my 4473 on 1/3. Major snow storm closed their office that whole week.
-CLEO sent the next week on 1/12.
-CLEO received notice 1/17. They have 7 days to say something. Then it should ship sometime after 1/24.

Maybe I’ll have it before the end of January but I’m not that hopeful. At this point it’s been 285 days since ATF submission. So another little while is no big deal. Still faster then paper.

Not grumpy about using SC. But the anticipation of getting the dang suppressor is killing me. Reminds me of Christmas Eve as a little boy. I have friends that have used them with similar experiences. With exception of a snowstorm that shut down everything.

Your CLEO should have been submitted when they submitted the form 4. Waiting until after its been approved defeats the entire purpose of the CLEO.

Your CLEO should have been submitted when they submitted the form 4. Waiting until after its been approved defeats the entire purpose of the CLEO.
I agree. Silencer Central does it after the approval. I’m sure they are following their legal counsel’s advice.

Back