Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Newest build.

Ive shot the 145 and 150 badlands bulldozer 2s the last couple years and I'm gonna try the 145 lrx this year.

Carbon barrels aren't worth it imo. I estimated the difference between a 22" Bart #3 and a carbon sendero contour and it was like a half lb or maybe a little more in difference? I might be recalling incorrectly, so don't quote me, but I know felt like it wasn't worth the extra money. It's a workin rifle, doesn't need to be pretty. I should probably lose a couple lbs before I ask my rifle for any.
One thing I really like about the carbon barrels I've shot is that they've sent the cold bore shot into the same spot as the rest of the other shots, and they didn't throw shots as they heated up. I think they're a little too pricey, but I'd still pay it

One thing I really like about the carbon barrels I've shot is that they've sent the cold bore shot into the same spot as the rest of the other shots, and they didn't throw shots as they heated up. I think they're a little too pricey, but I'd still pay it
Gotta watch for the sales. Paid $425 for x caliber

I doubt those attributes are from the carbon wrap any more than just having a good steel liner and carbon wrapping that didn't induce additional stresses to make it walk. The carbon barrels that have been tested show bore temps rising faster and actually being less stiff than a similar weight steel barrel.

My HCA carbon 7 SAUM barrel threw the cold bore shot consistently 1.5 MOA from the follow up shots. Never owned a steel barrel that had a cold bore shift like that but i'm sure they exist.

I doubt those attributes are from the carbon wrap any more than just having a good steel liner and carbon wrapping that didn't induce additional stresses to make it walk. The carbon barrels that have been tested show bore temps rising faster and actually being less stiff than a similar weight steel barrel.

My HCA carbon 7 SAUM barrel threw the cold bore shot consistently 1.5 MOA from the follow up shots. Never owned a steel barrel that had a cold bore shift like that but i'm sure they exist.
Well, at the very end of the day, they look cool and feel nice.

The few carbon barreled rifles I’ve had have been the most consistent shooters I’ve had

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back