PEAX Equipment

Newbies

This is every year, this goes on for few months till all apps are in. Then it repeats with "i drew ## but never hunted outside of Wisconsin"... my favorite are the sheep and goat guys who realize they need access and blindly pm wy residents asking to be be taken out. I might start posting elk pics with random unit #s...lol

Hi, long time lurker, like 3 years at least but first time posting. I am not looking for your honey hole but if you want to text me the GPS coordinates and your wifes phone number with a picture if you live near by the unit, I wouldn't complain! Pm is fine! Thanks!

Maybe I shouldn't be too harsh, if I draw my Wyoming general elk tag I'll be asking for help :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, kind of a bummer this happens, but I guess no real way to avoid it

Maybe I shouldn't be too harsh, if I draw my Wyoming general elk tag I'll be asking for help :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, kind of a bummer this happens, but I guess no real way to avoid it

I am in the same boat as you. Fortunately my questions will be super generic. 95% of the fun is picking a new area and figuring it out. Always a couple questions first hand knowledge is nice for. It's never about the animals I plan on hunting though.

Met a couple really good people on here by asking questions who remain life long friends.

It is always difficult to break into a new forum, ask questions and perhaps.....perhaps glean a bit of information. Giving specific, honey hole information does no new hunters a bit of good as this will be simply assumed open info that is an entitlement. But, I do know, after 60 plus years of hunting that lots of time and research are invaluable. I am careful to open up with all. There are family members and friends that that I share with. But, if finding this has been passed along all is over. I do not mind helping.....as long as they will follow the rules and help themselves. Experience speaks volumes. Earn it! It will serve all well. MTG

Everyone of us was new to this forum and others at some point. I know I joined this and a few others years ago once I started digging into the vast information of hunting other states.
As a newbie I found it much easier to engage in conversations and posts in various sub forums and start to contribute myself and learn all I could.

After a while and after learning/researching all a person can on their own asking specific questions might gain them some more information. Joining and asking for information right off the bat. Good luck!

Oh come on you can't win if you don't play (saw this in another thread) I just ask to be taken to honey hole on my first post. To much work trying to find the coordinates.

App season is coming, watch for the three versions:

1. "I'm new to western hunting. I have 1 antelope point for Wyoming and 1 elk point, what unit should I do to get on a nice bull or should I just go Colorado OTC?"

2. "I saw I can draw 102 for antelope in Wyoming in the special draw. How is that unit?"

3. "I just drew an extremely hard to draw elk tag completely at random. I have never hunted elk but have killed a whole lot of deer in Michigan. Not looking for spots, but..."

I wish they would just come on and post their stuff for sale in the classifieds and leave the “looking for unit specifics” alone.

I try to help but never on brand new guy and shy away from ones from certain locations. If they have been here few years and contributed to actual conversations not 100 posts all in classifieds or jokes. People need to do most of their own leg work and research but sometimes a little nudge can help a good trip become a great trip. i helped 2 people today with unit issues, hopefully makes their hunt better but i am going to start posting pics and labeling them with unit numbers that may not be completely accurate...lol

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back