Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Newbies

There's a big difference helping someone like kiwi who lives on the other side of the world and some fat guy who gets winded climbing the stairs from his mother's basement. Kiwi's looking for Intel, not to be babysat.
Oh, thanks man. I feel bad asking for help but I can confirm I spend a lot of time training and researching my western hunts. I probably compete with Randy in the top 10 gohunt users lol.

I do have good knowledge of New Zealand hunting and try to help anyone that is looking to hunt here. I’ve taken out a couple of hunttalkers and hope to take some more once travel is allowed.

Last edited:
Oh, thanks man. I feel bad asking for help but I can confirm I spend a lot of time training and researching my western hunts. I probably compete with Randy in the top 10 gohunt users lol.

I do have good knowledge of New Zealand hunting and try to help anyone that is looking to hunt here. I’ve take out a couple of hunttalkers and hope to take some more once travel is allowed.
It has to be tough for you. I mean, you live either yesterday, or the day after tomorrow from the US. I forget.
You ever draw Nevada or the bottom 2/3 of Utah, reach out. I won't hesitate to with Intel.

Part of the uptick in old thread resurrections is due to forum upgrades that suggest “similar threads” when viewing a thread, and the other is when posting a new thread the “is this being discussed already” links several similarly-titled threads to pick from.

My favorite latest new poster tactic is the user who commented on ten threads with “.” in order to unlock PM.

App season is coming, watch for the three versions:

1. "I'm new to western hunting. I have 1 antelope point for Wyoming and 1 elk point, what unit should I do to get on a nice bull or should I just go Colorado OTC?" WY Unit 125 elk

2. "I saw I can draw 102 for antelope in Wyoming in the special draw. How is that unit?" Awesome unit great goats

3. "I just drew an extremely hard to draw elk tag completely at random. I have never hunted elk but have killed a whole lot of deer in Michigan. Not looking for spots, but..." Can't help here never happened to me. 😂😂
How's that?

It has to be tough for you. I mean, you live either yesterday, or the day after tomorrow from the US. I forget.
You ever draw Nevada or the bottom 2/3 of Utah, reach out. I won't hesitate to with Intel.
Thanks appreciate it.

BTW it’s tomorrow here :)

I am buying general deer points in UT. I visited Zion a few years ago after a WY hunt and decided I needed to return to southern UT to hunt one day.

App season is coming, watch for the three versions:

1. "I'm new to western hunting. I have 1 antelope point for Wyoming and 1 elk point, what unit should I do to get on a nice bull or should I just go Colorado OTC?"

2. "I saw I can draw 102 for antelope in Wyoming in the special draw. How is that unit?"

3. "I just drew an extremely hard to draw elk tag completely at random. I have never hunted elk but have killed a whole lot of deer in Michigan. Not looking for spots, but..."
Don't forget #4.
I'm looking for a trophy and i'm good ou to 1,000 yards.

Part of the uptick in old thread resurrections is due to forum upgrades that suggest “similar threads” when viewing a thread, and the other is when posting a new thread the “is this being discussed already” links several similarly-titled threads to pick from.

My favorite latest new poster tactic is the user who commented on ten threads with “.” in order to unlock PM.
Turning in assignments with just a single period (.) on Google Classroom was a favorite strategy some of my students used last year during the nightmare that was “Remote Learning.” Made it look to their parents as though they’d done the assignment. Only problem was, I actually read what they wrote. Those were always fun conversations with parents, showing them all those periods. I wonder if that poster is one of my former kids? Ha.

Thanks appreciate it.

BTW it’s tomorrow here :)

I am buying general deer points in UT. I visited Zion a few years ago after a WY hunt and decided I needed to return to southern UT to hunt one day.
Great! I grew up in Zion (Springdale) and now have a cabin overlooking the park. Kolob mountain. All private land unfortunately, but I know a couple of areas nearby on public. Let me know when you draw.

You forgot “I can trade information for help in unit xxx but you need to give me your info first….” Than you get the most popular public land spot in return lol 😂
Matt

Agree with all the humorous comments but also think there is a way to sift through certain BS and actually help deserving people generally in public forum or in detail in private if you so choose. I’ll also point out that people come on here because collectively, HT members know their sh**. There are experts in just about everything hunting on here, it’s only natural it attracts questions and questioners both good and bad. How it’s handled is up to us.

Everyone needs to remember that you need to help them. Give them your spots, it’s all part of the 3Rs.

A few years ago some friends of a friend showed up unannounced with intimate knowledge in an area that our group had collectively scouted for several years and amassed some pretty productive elk holes. It was a very tense conversation later to explain that ownership of that knowledge wasn't his alone to share.
I like to help guys, but we also need to consider whether it's ours to share.

Back