PEAX Equipment

New Wolf ESA Push

Jayce37

Watching these videos is quite frustrating. I don't hate wolves by any means, but what these "eco" groups are trying to do makes me wonder if the squeaky wheel is going to get the grease, and were going to lose are ability to manage wolf populations in MT ID WY. Genuinely wondering what we can do as hunters to for our voice to be heard? These videos do not show the hunter conservationist point of views all all. Any ideas?

This is a two edged sword:

Side 1: The old "give an inch, take a mile". If a buffer zone is put around YNP where does it end?

Side 2: Hunt the wolves as we currently do, accepting the toll of decreases social tolerance and acceptance of hunting wolves anywhere. It may be that hunting wolves around YNP will erode support that we get from non-hunters.

Hunting in general needs the support of those that don't hunt and with the growing empathy toward animals in general today, it may be prdunet to pick our battles.

Seems we had a model that worked reasonably well the last decade or so.

Most of the folks opposed to hunting wolves around YNP are, deep down, a priori opposed to hunting wolves anywhere. But it's hard not believe this recent push is fueled by the recent management changes happening on the state level. Instead of stewardship and respect, we have injected a sort of toxic state-government perspective that a single species are the enemies. Government in this case is largely representative of its people, so they come by it honest, but nonhunters, and more specifically, non wolf hunters, will have little respect for spotlighting and baiting and a general rhetoric of disdain for a species that, even if they believe should be hunted, they value and have a certain ethic toward.

I am one of those hunters with a wolf tag in my pocket who is concerned about the direction of our stewardship with these critters.

Seems we had a model that worked reasonably well the last decade or so.

Most of the folks opposed to hunting wolves around YNP are, deep down, a priori opposed to hunting wolves anywhere. But it's hard not believe this recent push is fueled by the recent management changes happening on the state level. Instead of stewardship and respect, we have injected a sort of toxic state-government perspective that a single species are the enemies. Government in this case is largely representative of its people, so they come by it honest, but nonhunters, and more specifically, non wolf hunters, will have little respect for spotlighting and baiting and a general rhetoric of disdain for a species that, even if they believe should be hunted, they value and have a certain ethic toward.

I am one of those hunters with a wolf tag in my pocket who is concerned about the direction of our stewardship with these critters.
I agree 100%

If wolves get relisted, it will be on the heads of the Governors & legislators of MT & ID this time.
Harvest is down fairly significantly in Idaho through the last year. That could help with the concerns that season changes would wipe them out. It also could lead to the legislature thinking they need to mess with wildlife even more

These videos do not show the hunter conservationist point of views all all. Any ideas?
The non-hunting‘s perception of the “hunter conservationist” is the marginally attractive insta huntress with blood smeared on her titties while she’s lording over some game farm kill with a dead duck in her mouth.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back