Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New WBY Caliber

Interested how it compares ballistically and recoil wise compared to 26 nosler and 6.5 prc. It's gotta be something pretty special to succeed in the crowded 6.5 category, especially when Weatherby is known for high priced ammo unless you reload.

I'm quite certain they are willing to make and sell anything they think the shooting public will buy!

Is it just the .280AI necked down to .264 with a different rim? If it aint in a lefty it's useless to me.

What is the difference between the 6.5 Wby RPM and the 6.5-300 Wby Mag? People keep buying 6.5s so more and more manufacturers are coming out with variants in the 6.5 family like Hornady did with the 6.5 PRC and some other examples.

What is the difference between the 6.5 Wby RPM and the 6.5-300 Wby Mag? People keep buying 6.5s so more and more manufacturers are coming out with variants in the 6.5 family like Hornady did with the 6.5 PRC and some other examples.
Based on a quick search yesterday, The 6.5Wby RPM is basically on par with the 6.5PRC as performace and it doesn't resemble the standard weatherby design. 6.5-300wby takes on the classic shape of the weatherby round and is a crazy fast shooter.

Rock's helpful snark from comments....

"Rock

Sooo, it boasts Remington like specs with twice the price because it is a Weatherby cartridge… Yeah, I’ll pass… And V-E-R-Y FEW places even carry Weatherby ammunition. The finding the ammo aggravation and the ridiculous pricing of their ammo takes the Weatherby’s out of 99% of hunters/shooters cabinets.They are just NOT worth it for possibly a couple hundred FPS, usually less. Weatherby’s are great for the scarfed, pinky up on the champagne glass, through the nostril “I own a Weatherby” crowd or maybe someone actually hunting Africa, but for the normal, everyday Joe hunter…. A resounding NO..
$2,499.00 for the cheaper one.
$3,349.00 for the “expensive” one"

I am not a Wby guy at all, but the backcountry mark v package (trigger, seemingly decent stock, cerakote, etc.) is about as close to interesting to me as they've come. If I was in the market for a high end a working mountain rifle off the shelf, I'd take a Fieldcraft all day for $1000+ less cash though.
I'm rooting for them to succeed and I'll stop by in Sheridan one day when I'm in the neighborhood.

The 6.5RPM is basically a longer case length built off the 284win. Built to work on a standard .473 bolt face and in the 6 lug mark V action length. It should be a fun cartridge.

Rock's helpful snark from comments....

"Rock

Sooo, it boasts Remington like specs with twice the price because it is a Weatherby cartridge… Yeah, I’ll pass… And V-E-R-Y FEW places even carry Weatherby ammunition. The finding the ammo aggravation and the ridiculous pricing of their ammo takes the Weatherby’s out of 99% of hunters/shooters cabinets.They are just NOT worth it for possibly a couple hundred FPS, usually less. Weatherby’s are great for the scarfed, pinky up on the champagne glass, through the nostril “I own a Weatherby” crowd or maybe someone actually hunting Africa, but for the normal, everyday Joe hunter…. A resounding NO..
$2,499.00 for the cheaper one.
$3,349.00 for the “expensive” one"
[/QUOTE

I consider myself an ordinary type guy who often drinks wine and champagne from a paper cup if nothing else is available, bourbon too. I have four Weatherby Mark Vs and a Vanguard VGX. If you haven't noticed, a scarf works well keeping Montana's gentle zephers from freezing hunters necks during fall and winter hunts and general outdoor work. You DO work outside don't you? GJ

Back