Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New to Traditional

Layin_It_Down

Been bowhunting for 20 years and just got my first traditional bow last week. Found a smokin' deal on a beautiful new custom bow. New bows are just getting too high tech for me and losing their appeal. I wanted to get back to the heart of bowhunting. So my rebirth into bowhunting has finaly come.

Are their any gizmos for a recurve that I can't live without? Any suggestions, recommendations or advice for the newbie on the block?

I don't have anything on my recurve. I've got a take down recurve that I take with me travelling sometimes and I keep it totally bare bones to keep me honest after all my bragging of hitting soda bottles from 60 yards with my compound...lol I might break down and mount a quiver on it

I already have a quiver for my back, so I'll use that. So far, I've added a bear hair rest on the shelf (to keep the wood from getting marked up) and a pair of silencers. Just got done building arrows this morning, so I'm ready to shoot......finally....... I wanna keep it as simple as possible.

Did you build some cedar shafted arrows?

No, didn't have the funds for that this year. Found a dozen aluminums in the barn that were about 10 years old (at least). Stripped um down and replaced the nocks, and added 5" shield cut feathers with a right helical. Next year I'm hoping to build new cedar arrows, but we'll see how the aluminums do first. They were available, and the right size. Just needed some fixen up.

Been shooting the new recurve for the last few days now. It's safe to say, I will NEVER go back to a compound. I am so pumped for september!!! Anybody in the market for a used, but well maintained compound with all the gear?

Back