New Site Migration

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight, we will be taking down the site for a couple days. It will be up by Monday.

Del has been feverishly cleaning up many sections. What a mess we had in some of this stuff.

Even though I asked the galleries to get cleaned up by removing stuff that was "very adult," most of that junk is still there. Don't bet on the galleries coming over in tact. It will take a long time for me to go through those images and try to sort out what is OK and what should be dumped. So, if you lose your gallery, I apologize, but I cannot afford to bring over some of that stuff.

I ask the Mods to be patient. The old site had some hacking that was accessed via the Mod/Admin sections. We have to test that for complete clarity before we can re-open Mod/admin capabilities. The web guys think they can do that easily. If for some reason you lost your Mod authority, be patient, it is due to the bugs in the code, not anything you did.

Wish us luck. We're gonna need it!

Sounds like a lot of work Fin. Best of luck, I'm looking forward to the changes.

also added, no one will loose there pics or videos as i have them on my server. once the migration is done we will still have them avail.

Sooooo, will the old galery images take a while to move? It looks as though some are fine within posts some are not?
WD

Sooooo, will the old galery images take a while to move? It looks as though some are fine within posts some are not?
WD

Not quite.
the old gallery aka VB gallery is JUNK, however the pictures are still on the sever. They are working on a new gallery Maybe, but that being said we still have the pictures.
Once they figure out which gallery if one they are going to use they will be converted so they will read in the threads.
we have a few ways to make them work for the existing threads and pics but have to make sure it doesnt cause another problem. and there no sence in uploading 1.5 gigs of pictures have have to do it all over again.
give it a few days it will get worked out even if I have to manually change all the posts ( that will take oh like 10 years ;)

they are just looking for the best possible way to get it all worked out with less work,

in the mean time and maybe permanate, there is a really cool gallery built into this version of VB, its not an addon like in the past.
click on the community link above and you will see view pictures and albums.
Now keep in mind this version is kinda new to everyone so there maybe options that we havent seen yet, Since it is a Vbulleting product and not a add-on or vbulletin it wont be a pain in the rear end to conver now should anything be lost.
So far I like it, I just havent played with it that much.

Here is a very quick tutorial on how to use it.
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=240420

its a sticky in Fireside.

Delw

hey Del, quick question for ya. just looked to see if a couple guys that I told about the site had joined. went to the new member thread, and one has joined. now for the question. why is his post the last one in that thread? seems that they have the thing backwards. being the newest post, shouldn't it be on page one? not the last page?:confused:

No we always had the newest post be the last one on the thread, reasoning being.
lets say a new person shows up on this theard.

he has no clue to what we are talking about. when A new person reads a post like it is now he knows what we are talking about.

its gets more evident this is the best way when you have a 2+ page thread.

pretty much all forums are this way, I have only seen 2 other forums the way in which your speaking and I cant understand them.

Now just to be clear you see my post as the very last post in this thread correct?
give me teh thread your talking about so I can make sure its correct.

It's a setting under User CP. You can display the most recent post first or last, whichever you choose.

Del, its under the new members section. mountainborn just joined, yet his new thread is on the last page of the whole thread. not talking posts inside the thread.

my bad. its in the who am I thread. if you look, the first thread on the first page when you open it is from 2001.

Thanks Thats one I missed

Will fix that now, That happens when get upgraded frm time to time.

Del, not a big deal. just found it strange that that was the only one that was that way. at least I know it isn't me now. Oak, checked what you said. pretty sure I have them all checked and set up properly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back