New season on CarbonTV?

Firehawk54

Hey BigFin, great shows are hard to find. You do a great job of it though.

When will season two of Fresh Tracks air on CarbonTV? We don't do satellite or cable here.

Looking forward to it.

FH

Not sure. I need to get my agreement updated with Carbon. Pretty sure I will be meeting with them at SHOT Show. It will be some time after that.

Thanks for asking.

Wish I knew a way to offset the lost opportunity cost that comes from a 75% reduction in DVD sales. Wonder if we had everything available for downloads to mobile/tablet/desktop, if people would pay $10-12 per season; Or for a bundle of antelope hunts, or archery hunts, or however else we bundled them?

Randy, I know you don't really have time on your TV shows to include a lot of information on specifics such as public land vs. publicly accessible private land, how you plan a hunt, how to draw a tag, etc., but I know I for one would enjoy and benefit from the nitty gritty details that get left out of each episode. It would be neat to see all the work that goes into putting a hunt together, then seeing the results during the hunt. I know if I had to cut any of my hunts down to 20 minutes of content, I'd be losing a huge part of the overall story. Including some information like this on your DVDs might be the ticket to increased sales.

Your show is the best on TV, and it's because it's real. I hope to see many more seasons, whether on TV, DVD, online or whatever :)

Wish I knew a way to offset the lost opportunity cost that comes from a 75% reduction in DVD sales. Wonder if we had everything available for downloads to mobile/tablet/desktop, if people would pay $10-12 per season; Or for a bundle of antelope hunts, or archery hunts, or however else we bundled them?

Randy, you could count me in on the per season download or similar. That would be a great idea.

I know my friend who used to produce the "Majestic Productions" videos really struggled with the same issues you express. He started out producing DIY type shows, but eventually he got trapped in the pressures of making sponsors happy and balancing them with hunting opportunities etc. and eventually ended up needing to do private hunts etc. he got fed up with the process and stopped doing them anymore. He kind of pioneered the whole western hunting show experience. Seemed like they were the only one doing it. Eventually he felt like his show was just a walking advertisement and that didn't sit right and took some of the fun out of doing what they loved. Plus everyone was moving to these fandangled DVD things. Good people though.

Thank you for doing what you are. There are a bunch of us who really appreciate it. We like that we can live "vicariously" through your experiences. Thank you for taking us along.

FH

I also agree on the pay per season. I would gladly pay for downloaded content instead of watching via CarbonTV.

I'd pay for the season, and likely will on DVD form regardless.

Though I own most of the DVDs I still do most of my watching on CarbonTV simply because I'm too lazy to walk over to put the DVD in the player.

Randy,

I agree that Digital Download would be a fantastic way to distribute the show. If it were up to me, I'd continue to go by the season, or by individual episoes. Something like $1.5-2/episode or $10-12/season is very reasonable and I would bet dimes to dollars that most people would get seasons. That way we could download it to our laptops or what have you. I want to support the good shows in the industry, but also really enjoying having instant access on the computer. Hope that helps...

Thanks, and keep doing what you are!!

Carbon TV is great, but I like the DVDs. Any word on when we can expect the new ones?

Randy, I know you don't really have time on your TV shows to include a lot of information on specifics such as public land vs. publicly accessible private land, how you plan a hunt, how to draw a tag, etc., but I know I for one would enjoy and benefit from the nitty gritty details that get left out of each episode. It would be neat to see all the work that goes into putting a hunt together, then seeing the results during the hunt. I know if I had to cut any of my hunts down to 20 minutes of content, I'd be losing a huge part of the overall story. Including some information like this on your DVDs might be the ticket to increased sales.

Your show is the best on TV, and it's because it's real. I hope to see many more seasons, whether on TV, DVD, online or whatever :)

I agree with this. I've purchased a couple of the DVDS, but feel the 20min tv show format is too short. Would love to see extended versions of the hunts, available online for purchase by episode or bundled. Carbon TV is nice, but the resolution is kind of crappy. Meat Eater sells their show by season for download in HD, which looks great on the big screen.

....but, I know I for one would enjoy and benefit from the nitty gritty details that get left out of each episode.

Me too. I especially always want to know the cartridge & bullet weight.

Giant AMEN to that!

Not sure. I need to get my agreement updated with Carbon.

Wish I knew a way to offset the lost opportunity cost that comes from a 75% reduction in DVD sales.

So, why would you "agree" with Carbon (or anyone else) if you were losing income as a result?

So, why would you "agree" with Carbon (or anyone else) if you were losing income as a result?

I believe he started working with Carbon as a result of a 75% decline in DVD sales. Which makes sense as the future (now even) of content delivery is via streaming. There is a ton of potential here, it's just a matter of this new market maturing.

I believe he started working with Carbon as a result of a 75% decline in DVD sales. Which makes sense as the future (now even) of content delivery is via streaming. There is a ton of potential here, it's just a matter of this new market maturing.

Makes sense. I recently purchased a Roku and noticed some vendors have all of their content but others do not. Some were monthly subscription too for a menial fee. Even if I paid $10 monthly it's a whole lot cheaper than my now cut-off $150 cable bill.

I would pay to download. I also would love to know more of the down and dirty of the hunts as well as planning etc. More info = more money and I would pay it.

One of the best hunting shows on the market. Top 2 for me. I just binge watched season 1 of Fresh Tracks. I can't get enough.

Back