PEAX Equipment

New Rest

Schemy

Bought a new Elite Synergy to set up how I want. Not sure what direction to go on the rest. I wish I had time to shoot a lot of different rests, and could get a feel for them all. I don't have the time.

What rests do you like and why?

My hunting application will primarily out west, spot n stalk type hunting.

I have a QAD Ultra and it works well. I'm tempted to change to a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. A buddy of mine shoots that and loves it. I do know I'll get a new sight this season the rest... unsure yet.

First off, way to go on the Elite! I love those bows, shot my buddy's the other day and the back wall on that bow is amazing, I felt like I could pass it off to him at full draw.

Anywho.... I shoot the Limb driver Pro-V, super easy to tune and if for some reason something happens to it in the field you can easily fix it. Unlike the QAD where you'd need a press to fix it if for some reason the chord got ripped/cut that attaches to your cables.

And they're not that pricey

http://www.bowhuntingoutlet.com/lim...ht-hand.html?gclid=CP7qhrX6l8oCFQ6RaQodeZcAaw

I also use a QAD rest on my Elite Answer. Has really worked well for me

I shoot a ripcord.

My next one would probably be a QAD. The only thing I don't like about the Ripcord is if you let down the rest goes down. The QAD remains up and keeps your arrow locked in place.

I have a trophy taker on my other bow. It is someone contained but not fully. It shoots well enough.

I shoot a ripcord.

My next one would probably be a QAD. The only thing I don't like about the Ripcord is if you let down the rest goes down. The QAD remains up and keeps your arrow locked in place.

I have a trophy taker on my other bow. It is someone contained but not fully. It shoots well enough.

My ripcord stays cocked if I let down.

I've used both a QAD HDX and a Ripcord ACE. The Ripcord is plenty quieter on the shot.

I should also mention that RIpcord's customer service was great when I broke my rest. I admitted fault and wanted to buy a new part, They had it to me the next day as I was leaving for a hunt and needed it quickly.

I didn't pay a dime.

I've got a QAD Ultra Hunter on my Elite Answer and love it. I've used Ultra Hunters on all of my bows and they've been damn near flawless. And it stays up when you let down as well without taking a shot.

Last edited:
My ripcord stays cocked if I let down.

I've used both a QAD HDX and a Ripcord ACE. The Ripcord is plenty quieter on the shot.

Good to know I have the code red which is older and it flaps down when I let down. Honestly it never has been a problem but it would be nicer to stay up.

First off, way to go on the Elite! I love those bows, shot my buddy's the other day and the back wall on that bow is amazing, I felt like I could pass it off to him at full draw.

Anywho.... I shoot the Limb driver Pro-V, super easy to tune and if for some reason something happens to it in the field you can easily fix it. Unlike the QAD where you'd need a press to fix it if for some reason the chord got ripped/cut that attaches to your cables.

And they're not that pricey

http://www.bowhuntingoutlet.com/lim...ht-hand.html?gclid=CP7qhrX6l8oCFQ6RaQodeZcAaw

Yeah I have a 31" dl, so my bow choices are a bit limited. Of all the bows I shot when I was looking, the Elite had the smoothest draw cycle and a rock solid wall. I felt like I could hold it forever.

Ironically I have a Limb Driver Pro-V on a Prime Alloy that I took on trade and found the bow didn't have the correct draw length. I've never used one so was unsure about it. I didn't even shoot the Alloy, as I realized the bow wasn't going to work for me.

I may just have them move the Limb Driver over to the Elite and call it good. I like the design of the rest, but for some reason had it in my head it would be more of a target rest and not practical in the field.

Does anyone shoot a whisker biscuit?
Why should I change to a drop?
I do have trouble grouping broad heads (fixed blades).
But my Grim Reaper mechanicals group like target points.

10Dogs

I shoot a Ripcord ACE. Unlike the QAD rests it's all stainless internals, and Ripcord is a great company to deal with, a MT company at that. Micro adjust, narrow launcher arms and very quiet. Much easier to change the cord on than a QAD, those things are a pain if you ever break or cut your cord on them,

10Dogs

My fiance shoots a whisker biscuit (only 42#) with 3 blade Muzzy heads and some of her arrows shoot spot on with the broadheads on and a couple just don't group with the others. Why? I haven't the slightest idea. Maybe things aren't tuned 100% and are more like 95%

10Dogs

I was just going to suggest one of these as this is what I use, IMO it's the best rest there is. All the other ones just allow the arrow to "clanck" around.

Back