MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Rangefinder Sig Sauer, Leupold other?

I have the Sig 5K, rangefinding ability has been great. I upgraded to try the remote markers option, that has been disappointing, typically 10% +/- off from my experience

Received mine as well last week. Tested it out at home. So far so good. I also played around with the Sig app and entered in my 223 load data. It'll spit out the scope correction in mils or MOA. It has quite the variety of bullets to choose from, even a few Hammer bullets in most calibers. I'll have to go test it at the range and see how accurate it is.

I have the Leopold rx1200. It's absolutely incredible in my opinion (my old rangefinder was akin to a cinderblock that never worked). It's so accurate at 700 yards I can range something, walk forward 3 feet and range again and it'll say 699. It has a bow angle compensating mode and an angle compensating mode for rifles with a list of different trajectories to pick the one closest to your rifle. And a last target feature so you can range your deer, and not keep getting the branch at 6 yards thats in-between. The best 200 dollars I've ever spent on hunting equipment. How big I'd the sig? Size matters, the rx1200 is so small it can easily fit in any pocket.

And my favorite part? It's Leopold. They are absolutely incredible with customer service. If I need glass I don't even consider other brands. It's great quality but if something ever did happen I would much rather have the pleasant replacement experience I would with Leopold than a huge fight with someone else.

bot a used Sig. wouldn't range beyond 700. dont remember the model, but i was unimpressed.
On the bottom of my list now. My Leupold crapped out lasr season. they had the 1400 on sale and
I needed something so I ppicked one up hoping it will last 2 seasons but a Leica is in my future

I had a Leupold that the led faded out on, pretty disappointed as it had been taken care of and not used all that much. Recently upgraded to a Leica, great so far, hope it holds up well. Sig has too many dumbass influencers for me to give them any of my money…

bought a Sig Sauer Kilo 1800 BDX Rangefinder this year at als.com to upgrade the old nikon 600.
It was closeout I think and was a thrifty $280

Great unit.

Last edited:
I have a Leupold. I had to use my buddies sig to get a range on the bull I shot this year because mine couldn't get it done. I also missed out on a Muley buck because I couldn't get a range. I'll be looking at a sig as soon as I can manage.

I got news for you guys, all these rangefinders are made in the same chinese plant just with different branding, features and marketing. And they all have the same reliability, crap, because of cheap chinese circuitry. Don't shoot the messenger. It's true. Leupold just replaced my RX-2800 beach it wouldn't display the hundreds of yards. i.e., if it was 455 yards it would show 55 yards. So a worthless rangefinder. Disgusting but cheap chinese crap. I paid $550 for mine and warranty had a few months to go, fortunately.

I’m gonna resurrect this one… I’m looking to replace my rangefinder, which is an older Nikon that gets me to about 400ish yards max.

I like Leupold binos and scopes, but like some have mentioned in this thread I know some folks who have had problems with their rangefinders and they don’t carry the warranty. I thought that I was ready to go with a Vortex Diamondback or Viper, but I’m seeing a lot of love here for Sig. The problem with Sig is that no one has them in stock right now except for the really high dollar ones, and I’m not seeing the reviews online like I am for the vortex. I don’t mind waiting for the right one, especially if it saves me a few bucks (the Sigs with the same features seem to be cheaper than vortex), and probably need to hold off a little anyhow.

Where does everyone stand between these two brands if I need to keep my budget under $400, and preferably closer to $300? Is there really any difference in quality, longevity, functionality, or warranty? Is the Canyon a pretty good rangefinder for deer sized game up to 1000yd like it says that it is, or do I need to be patient and step up to the BDX models that are nonexistent right now?

I’m gonna resurrect this one… I’m looking to replace my rangefinder, which is an older Nikon that gets me to about 400ish yards max.

I like Leupold binos and scopes, but like some have mentioned in this thread I know some folks who have had problems with their rangefinders and they don’t carry the warranty. I thought that I was ready to go with a Vortex Diamondback or Viper, but I’m seeing a lot of love here for Sig. The problem with Sig is that no one has them in stock right now except for the really high dollar ones, and I’m not seeing the reviews online like I am for the vortex. I don’t mind waiting for the right one, especially if it saves me a few bucks (the Sigs with the same features seem to be cheaper than vortex), and probably need to hold off a little anyhow.

Where does everyone stand between these two brands if I need to keep my budget under $400, and preferably closer to $300? Is there really any difference in quality, longevity, functionality, or warranty? Is the Canyon a pretty good rangefinder for deer sized game up to 1000yd like it says that it is, or do I need to be patient and step up to the BDX models that are nonexistent right now?
Sig kilo 1000 works well for me. I had no trouble finding it on Amazon.

I have a Vortex Ranger 1800 and if the Diamondback is anything like it which I assume it is. It's a piece of garbage. Mine won't reliably range 200 yards. If conditions are perfect ( not dark or not too bright, no moisture in air) mine might range 500 yards if it's on a solid tripod.

Sig without a doubt. My son has an older model, basic Sig rangefinder and I have the Kilo8K. Both have been great.

After 1.5 years of use glad I went with the Sig, has been accurate and easy to use for rifle and bow. I’ve gotten into long range shooting and did an NRL hunter competition with it, worked great. The app uses applied ballistics and makes it easy to program your rangefinder.

My battery died the day before Antelope opener so that was a learning experience to make sure I carry extra batteries but otherwise it has been perfect.

Rule#1 Get twice the rangefinder that you want to use it for.
Rule #2. Don't post links to outside sales websites. I just deleted 3 of them.

My experience with range finders, exceeding 200 yards is all seem to work close to as advertised for the first year or two and all go to shit after that. Leopold, Sig and Bushnell, Have all done the same thing now

I bought the Leica rangemaster 2400 this year. So far I really like it. Super fast readings out to longer distance and really clear.

I like my sig well enough. I do question the accuracy at times. I’ve had a number of times shooting my bow where a step or two towards or away from the target will give reading that don’t seem to correspond to the movements I made. I’m sure it’s within a yard or two and isn’t really making a difference but it’s annoying. I was also kind of annoyed with it not ranging on some hillsides the other day but some of that could have been caused by fog and atmosphere

Back