New Rangefinder Sig Sauer, Leupold other?

Redside

I need to update/upgrade my range finder. I currently have an old Nikon 500, very basic model. It would be used for bow and rifle. Looking for one that is reliable on targets out to 1000 and animals at least 500 and in. Not that I'm shooting that far, more for knowing how much further I need to go to get in range.

So far the Sig Sauer 1600BDX seems like a good option. Does anyone have any first hand experience? I like the idea of being able to program in the ballistics so it spits out elevation.

The Leupold 1600RX 1600i also is an option. I'd welcome any opinions on those as well.

My rangefinder is the only piece of vortex I still have because I know if there’s a problem they will replace it. I have never had a problem fortunately.

If I was shopping them now that Sig would be getting a hard look. They seem to aquire range really quick and have some pretty neat features if you mess with their scopes, too

I’m sure the new Sigs are great. I would pass on the leopold if they haven’t changed a ton recently…

I was looking through posts to make sure I didn’t duplicate one with this same question. In market with same question and requirement. Watching!!!
Vortex warranty and price had my interest knowing the tech challenges that arise…

Last edited:
Leica. I’ve had two and they’re both great. One is probably 15 years old and still works like new.

My only experience with a Leupold rangefinder wasn’t good. Electronics went out a month or two after the 2 year warranty expired.

Last edited:
I have both a Sig 1600 (my son's) and Leica. Both are excellent, but, as expected, the glass on the Leica is better. Hard to beat the Sig for the money.

I’ve had a Sig kilo 1250 for about 5 years now. No issues at all, still works great. I’m also tentatively shopping for something with a bit farther ranging capabilities and a red readout (versus the black in my Sig. Just makes it a little hard to see at first/last light). If I were to buy one today, I’d lean towards another Sig, or possibly a vortex.

I had a Sig 2000 that failed on me, but they replaced it with a 2200 that is much better. Leica is probably the best unless you’re going to go crazy with Gunwerks, etc., but my Sig 2200 is very nice.

I have a sig 2200 that I bought used a few years back off rokslide. That thing sucked so I sent it back to sig and they sent me a brand new one which works awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back