PEAX Equipment

New Rangefinder Sig Sauer, Leupold other?

I dont have any other experience with any other than Leica. I bought one so long long ago I cant even tell you the exact year. Likely 2004/5. I use it a bunch during hunting season which for me is October thru April. Hot and cold temps. Banging around in a atv bag.
Or a bino harness. Dry and wet weather. I havent done it any favors. I pull the battery out in April, but a new one in October. Never failed to measure a distance if used properly.
the rubber exterior is starting to deteriorate on its surface but not too bad. When I upgrade or replace it I will look at new offerings but will very likely buy a Leica. Very likely.

Like several in this thread I prefer my Sig. I started with a nikon 550 then moved to a vortex 1500, then a Sig KILO2200. The sig was a significant upgrade over the vortex.

I got the sig, so far no issues, but haven't used it hunting yet. Time will tell if its a winner...

I have owned 2 sigs and looked through others before buying the second. I like Leupold but the ease of use for the Sig ultimately locked it in for me. Of course in the store it was hard to tell difference in the glass. I have used it for both archery and rifle hunting. Mine is a kilo2200. I have ranged an animal at 900+ yards.

My Sig 2000 might read to 800 yards if the stars align on a good day.
My Leica 2400 does very well.

Tried jumping on the Sig bandwagon last year with a Kilo 2200. Wouldn’t turn on half the time, so returned it and stuck with my Vortex Ranger 1800.

Thanks all for the advice! Leaning towards the Sig at this point, but I didn't really think about the Leica or Maven, will have to look at those as well.

the europtics sale prices on Sig beat the others for the most part at the moment.

pondering the sig kilo1600. or kilo1600bdx

My old nikon 600 really is due for upgrade. does not even have angle compensation and rarely ranges beyond 250

The Sig 1800 BDX showed up today. Nice to point to top of hill and get 987 yds and see how it quickly live updates. as continue scanning around. And red led text is super.

Last edited:
Back