New Podcast with Big Fin and Hal

nontyp

I can’t get get enough of listening to Hal and @Big Fin discuss issues. No window dressing, just the straight facts. I’d love to see them do some more short form topic specific podcasts discussing important public land and environmental issues. For example they touched on a few like the 1872 mining act, timber harvest issues, etc. Other ideas would be: Bernhardt’s order undercutting the GAOA, Bears Ears, Tongas, ANWR etc. Am I crazy? Wouldn’t it be great to hear these topics discussed more in depth by these guys? @Big Fin I’m sure you would get a bigger pile of hate mail, but educating folks on these issues could move the needle.

Do we have an update on @Big Fin how's he holding up?

Agreed, this was a great no bs issue. I know it's close to home for these guys but I wish they could talk more to topics outside of montana. I'd like to get their take on what they think will happen here in Colorado with our wolves. I was happy to see the margin was so damn close but unfortunately the wrong side got the .5% margin

Do we have an update on @Big Fin how's he holding up?

Agreed, this was a great no bs issue. I know it's close to home for these guys but I wish they could talk more to topics outside of montana. I'd like to get their take on what they think will happen here in Colorado with our wolves. I was happy to see the margin was so damn close but unfortunately the wrong side got the .5% margin
I thought I was over the worst of it on Friday, but that night and the weekend were brutal, as was today. Just back from the Viral Triage Center where my doc is concerned about my SpO2 levels being below 90. I can't catch my breath and I cough to the point where my muscles just wanna give up. The gave me some cough syrup with codeine and some inhaler steroids. If the oxygen levels stay low, they want to put me on oxygen. Wish this was some made up thing that would mysteriously go away, but to any of you with underlying conditions, such as a liver that is working at about 30%, I hope you don''t get it. I'm usually anti-doc/anti-med, but I was open to anything today.

As for the podcast, we are trying to show what happens here where we are very familiar, as a lot of these groups are in other rural states doing the same thing. ALEC, AFP, and other well-funded national groups are promoting the same laws and the same actions in other states. They spend a lot of money preparing what they call "model laws." They go to these rural states with those model laws and with a maximum donation to the campaign of some fringe operator, they have a direct line to get it done. In the past, we had some counterbalances in Montana, but those have gone away with the results of the November election.

I am sure these same things are going on in your state. Just need to look at the docket of proposed bills, who is sponsoring them, and it will lead you to the source. I have a hard time when Charles Koch, of the Koch brothers, has found the path of righteousness and vocalizes his regret for the wrath he and his empires have wrought on rural legislatures. They've been doing this for 20 years.

My crew and I have planned to record some trips to Helena this legislative session. Mostly to show the audience how it works and how they should become involved. And to call out some of the far-right communist promoters who hate private property rights if you were to measure it by the bills they introduce. The bills I mentioned in that podcast are already on the dockets. We will see if leadership let them get a hearing requiring those of us who have businesses to take a day off and go to Helena to protect the 5th Amendment from the zealots who have no threat to being unelected and feel compelled to try pass such BS.

But, as these fringe operators say when taken to task, "Give me a pass, man, I'm good on guns."

Hoping @Big Fin is on the mend. Listened to the newest podcast as soon as it was released and was very surprised to hear about his "cold". Flying on a plane is always an adventure nowadays. I am just hoping Mrs. Big Fin doesn't get sick as well.

I thought I was over the worst of it on Friday, but that night and the weekend were brutal, as was today. Just back from the Viral Triage Center where my doc is concerned about my SpO2 levels being below 90. I can catch my breath and I cough to the point where my muscles just wanna give up. The gave me some cough syrup with codeine and some inhaler steroids. If the oxygen levels stay low, they want to put me on oxygen. Wish this was some made up thing that would mysteriously go away, but to any of you with underlying conditions, such as a liver that is working at about 30%, I hope you don''t get it. I'm usually anti-doc/anti-med, but I was open to anything today.

As for the podcast, we are trying to show what happens here where we are very familiar, as a lot of these groups are in other rural states doing the same thing. ALEC, AFP, and other well-funded national groups are promoting the same laws and the same actions in other states. They spend a lot of money preparing what they call "model laws." They go to these rural states with those model laws and with a maximum donation to the campaign of some fringe operator, they have a direct line to get it done. In the past, we had some counterbalances in Montana, but those have gone away with the results of the November election.

I am sure these same things are going on in your state. Just need to look at the docket of proposed bills, who is sponsoring them, and it will lead you to the source. I have a hard time when Charles Koch, of the Koch brothers, has found the path of righteousness and vocalizes his regret for the wrath he and his empires have wrought on rural legislatures. They've been doing this for 20 years.

My crew and I have planned to record some trips to Helena this legislative session. Mostly to show the audience how it works and how they should become involved. And to call out some of the far-right communist promoters who hate private property rights if you were to measure it by the bills they introduce. The bills I mentioned in that podcast are already on the dockets. We will see if leadership let them get a hearing requiring those of us who have businesses to take a day off and go to Helena to protect the 5th Amendment from the zealots who have no threat to being unelected and feel compelled to try pass such BS.

But, as these fringe operators say when taken to task, "Give me a pass, man, I'm good on guns."
Hang in there Randy. You'll whoop this. Best advice I can give you coming from someone who just today got to bring the wife home from the Covid floor at the hospital. Do exactly what the Dr's are telling you. Take your blood thinners and make sure if your symptoms progress, get your ass to the ER ASAP. The wife went from "I think I'm over the hump cause I feel good" to 4 days of IV antibiotics and Ramdesivin injections. Like 6 hour difference. The last week has been a blur and an eye opening. I was one of the non believers and now I feel like a damn fool. Scary stuff.
Best of luck to you sir.

Glad that COVID hasn’t taken the spit and vinegar out of you, Randy.
I hope you get better soon!

Hal is easily my favorite person to listen to on a podcast. There's not even a close second. And @Big Fin did a great job of keeping him on point our at least circling back around to fully cover a topic.

I too would like to hear more conservation and more politics.

I hope you turn the corner Randy. Get well soon. And Merry Christmas.

Adam

I thought I was over the worst of it on Friday, but that night and the weekend were brutal, as was today. Just back from the Viral Triage Center where my doc is concerned about my SpO2 levels being below 90. I can't catch my breath and I cough to the point where my muscles just wanna give up. The gave me some cough syrup with codeine and some inhaler steroids. If the oxygen levels stay low, they want to put me on oxygen. Wish this was some made up thing that would mysteriously go away, but to any of you with underlying conditions, such as a liver that is working at about 30%, I hope you don''t get it. I'm usually anti-doc/anti-med, but I was open to anything today.

Randy, unfortunately I've had more experience than I would have liked treating people with this virus so I know all too well what you're going through.It sounds like you're in capable hands. One small piece of advice, if you feel like your condition deteriorates please do not try wait it out, as prompt treatment seems to have a more favorable outcome.
I hope you get well soon and wish you all the best.
Jimmy

This podcast was great and I sent it to a few friends. I also like the idea of an update with Randy and Hal every 6 months.

I have been catching up on Hal's podcasts the last couple months, somehow forgot about the BHA podcast for the last two years after listening to a few early on.

This podcast was great and I sent it to a few friends. I also like the idea of an update with Randy and Hal every 6 months.

I have been catching up on Hal's podcasts the last couple months, somehow forgot about the BHA podcast for the last two years after listening to a few early on.
His remotely recorded ones suck, but so do everyone else's. The conversation just isn't there.

COVID, the gift that keeps on giving. Stay strong, and as others have mentioned, listen to the Dr.'s. Everyone is learning more and more about this disease - some good, some bad - I look forward to hearing about your future adventures in the hills and the hall of legislation.

I loved the podcast. Two guys discussing a topic with a thoughtful rationale from both. That doesn’t happen much. I think a lot of the lack of stones on public land issues from politicians with an R next to their name comes from how the structure is based on $$$.

Hope you feel better soon and it doesn’t ruin your holidays.

I remember a podcast last year where @Big Fin had on a Senator or someone in the legislative branch. That would be an interesting followup podcast. Post GAOA approval, post hunting season, and post election season to see where he stands.

I have contacted both of my senators for TN (R's) and as usual, they give canned answers to the conservation ideals even though we have the Cherokee National Forest and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park (with elk) in our state. Neither understand why conservation is important or the backlog of work needed to fix and maintain these beautiful public lands.

Politics, COVID, and their respective "Committees" are all that matter at this time.

I need to do some research to see who all the players are on the "Conservation Committees" in Wash DC and personally call and write them to voice my concerns over their lack of movement forward.

I am one of those 1% people who believe in both the 2A and conservation and I think it is time that people make it clear to their leaders that being a single platform politician will not earn votes in the next election.

Great podcast, a lot of thought provoking topics and refreshing to hear people frustrated with both parties, as most Americans should be!

One of the conversations in the podcast was about how some Democrats are for the 2nd admendment. I would like to see Randy or Hal interview Joe Manchin From West Virginia. He is a former governor of the state and 2 term senator who keeps winning by huge numbers even though he is a democrat in a red State. Very strong on gun rights and public land in the east.

Great podcast, it's shocking the lack of interest politically around conservation. Good to hear some points from both sides.

@Big Fin -Sorry to hear about the covid. Wife, teen daughter and I all had it early Oct. Wife was worse but mild, I was super mild with just a cough and loss of smell and daughter only knew she had it from the loss of smell that is still not 100%.

Back