New Normal for Truck Warranty Service

noharleyyet

My truck is supposed to be back to me with a new engine the end of next week after a frustrating series of trial and error. If the eta is correct it will have been 10 weeks…

A ‘19 GMC 1500 6.2…has factory and extended warranty.

They relented and provided a loaner after a month of cheaper fix attempt failures.

It’s not just trucks it’s everything.

I spent a painful hour and half on the phone today with GE customer service for a 3 year old fridge that makes a super annoying buzzing sound and spends most most of its time around 40-45 degrees inside even when set to 34. It’s probably cost me over $100 in spoiled food and a sick kid this year. They finally offered me 40% off the list price on a fridge. I said no thanks and went a bought an LG locally on sale for less than the discounted GE would have been.

I had a 2012 ford that the Trans grenaded on
at like 40k miles. This was in I want to say 2014 long before the supply chain bs. Instead of getting me a new Trans they rebuilt it. 8 weeks driving a $*)Q!#@$ hyaundai sonata in the dead of winter for a loaner. Pleaded for a truck wouldn't budge a bit. I was killing a lot of coyotes back then and they all went in the trunk except for the last weekend those two went on the backseat. Took 7 weeks to get the parts. They blamed it on the weather. I could have gotten the parts there faster by foot/john boat for Christ's sake. Will never buy another Ford, not because of the Trans that kinda thing happens but they're warranty service was absolutely terrible. Even after I contacted corporate. Too bad because otherwise I really liked the truck.

My experience with FCA was beyond terrible. 6 month back log on a part I could have got amazon primed in 2 days.

Kia warranty was amazing. Needed a new engine. Got a loaner car and got a new engine at 70k miles.

The complexity of new vehicles doesn't help with warranty work.

I was less than a few months in owning my 2015 F350 a few years back. Still had warranty etc. Check engine light comes on and they say DPF filter isn't "working" and needs to be replaced. Not knowing details on diesels yet, I said okay fix it and its under warranty. They said the DPF filter is a maintenance part and will be $4200 to replace and warranty doesn't matter.

A forced regen made a quick fix, then after 3 more check engine lights based on the emissions bs and no warranty help and they were booked 2 months out for someone to look at the truck...the truck was promptly deleted.

This truck better make it a 1,000,000 miles because I will never be able to afford a newer one lol.

My truck is supposed to be back to me with a new engine the end of next week after a frustrating series of trial and error. If the eta is correct it will have been 10 weeks…

A ‘19 GMC 1500 6.2…has factory and extended warranty.

They relented and provided a loaner after a month of cheaper fix attempt failures.
First the diesel now the gasser. What happened, I have that same engine.

There is a huge shortage of mechanics and It's not going to get better.

I was quoted 6 week wait and $600 to replace a seal on the front differential on my Yukon. It took me 2 hrs, maybe, and $30 in parts.

Had my pickup in the body shop last summer. Was quoted 5-7 days. Got it back 40 days later. I ran the owner through the mud online. He called me from his vacation home in Mexico and asked why I was so upset. He asked if I'd reconsider my online reviews, told him to pound sand...

Different world these days.

Dang, my buddy has a diesel GMC Canyon that has some sort of emissions recall and it has been in the shop 6 weeks and they won't give him updates. I had the same truck and similar issues. Good luck.

Back