Caribou Gear Tarp

NEW Mystery Ranch Metcalf

bigskyarcher

Check out the re-design that Mystery Ranch did to last years NICE Metcalf.

http://vimeo.com/100234789

mysteryranch.com/hunting/nice-frame-packs/nice-metcalf-pack
mysteryranch.com/hunting/hunting-pack-accessories/nice-metcalf-pack-only

They dropped weight, added features and decreased the package price. AND it has fully functional load lifters for every user height. I think that's a huge improvement.

I need to swing by and pick mine up. I have seen the protos and they look very good. Will be using it a lot this year. The V.1 Metcalf wasn't anything to sneeze at, so might keep it as a spare, give it to a camera guy, or donate it to the Hunt Talk crowd.

I need to swing by and pick mine up. I have seen the protos and they look very good. Will be using it a lot this year. The V.1 Metcalf wasn't anything to sneeze at, so might keep it as a spare, give it to a camera guy, or donate it to the Hunt Talk crowd.

Tell them to get mine on the big brown truck while you're there.:D

I think this will make a darned good mountaineering pack too. There's a pretty good chance my old Dana Design Bridger is going to be hitting Craigslist soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This maybe a dumb question but what are the changes in the metcalf from gen 1 to this pack in the vid?

Side pocket, load shelf, lighter weight, new lid. I have the old Metcalf and really like it. I have also picked up one of the frame extenders and that has rekindled my Crew Cab. So versatile and so much more comfortable with a heavy load. I have to be in Bozeman soon and MR is on my list of things to do.

According to my tracking number, the big brown truck should pay a visit tomorrow.

Yeeeeaaah Baaaby:hump:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back