Caribou Gear Tarp

Mystery Ranch Pack - Awesome and AWESOME Customer Service!

Buschy

Great companies need to be recognized, because so many others will let you down!

I have had a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab Pack since 2009. There are lighter packs for sure, but this pack has done everything I have ever asked of it and I have asked a lot. Over the last fourteen years, every animal my family or myself have taken has been packed out in it. This September I was packing out two rear quarters from my daughter's Arizona bull. When I took the pack off at my truck and was taking the quarters out, I noticed a support strap had torn away from the pack.

When I got home I called Mystery Ranch and sent them photos. They got back to me within a few hours and told me to send them the pack, which I did right away. They email mailed me this response:

Re: Case # 94561 Updated: "Warranty/Repair Request"2
Yahoo/Inbox

• MR Warranty ([email protected]) <[email protected]>
    To:[email protected]

Tue, Oct 25 at 12:55 PM

Hey Greg,

We have received your pack for repair, and have completed an estimate. It will all be covered under warranty. Please expect up to four weeks for your pack to be returned.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Sunshine
    --
    Warranty/Repair Dept.
    Mystery Ranch Backpacks
    Main: 406.585.1428 x136
    Direct: 406.548.3234
    [email protected]

www.mysteryranch.com

I cannot recommend Mystery Ranch packs enough to any Hunt Talkers who may be looking!

Great companies need to be recognized, because so many others will let you down!

I have had a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab Pack since 2009. There are lighter packs for sure, but this pack has done everything I have ever asked of it and I have asked a lot. Over the last fourteen years, every animal my family or myself have taken has been packed out in it. This September I was packing out two rear quarters from my daughter's Arizona bull. When I took the pack off at my truck and was taking the quarters out, I noticed a support strap had torn away from the pack.

When I got home I called Mystery Ranch and sent them photos. They got back to me within a few hours and told me to send them the pack, which I did right away. They email mailed me this response:

Re: Case # 94561 Updated: "Warranty/Repair Request"2
Yahoo/Inbox

• MR Warranty ([email protected]) <[email protected]>
    To:[email protected]

Tue, Oct 25 at 12:55 PM

Hey Greg,

We have received your pack for repair, and have completed an estimate. It will all be covered under warranty. Please expect up to four weeks for your pack to be returned.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Sunshine
    --
    Warranty/Repair Dept.
    Mystery Ranch Backpacks
    Main: 406.585.1428 x136
    Direct: 406.548.3234
    [email protected]

www.mysteryranch.com

I cannot recommend Mystery Ranch packs enough to any Hunt Talkers who may be looking!

I had a warranty repair done by them too and it wasn't really even their fault, my pack had been rubbing against a saddle while I was riding. But MR wanted the frame back so they could see where the damage occurred and how it failed. Top notch service!

Both of my 3-ish year old MR packs (but one thats only been used once) have developed awful squeaking in the frame part up by the top. Game spooking squeaks! I left one squeaker at home it sounded so bad and the new one, I had to keep stashing it, since it made still hunting pointless. Seemingly no way to get it to stop as the carbon support rail is sewn into the nylon fabric and its rubbing with every twist and turn. I am considering cutting it open to do….something. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Both of my 3-ish year old MR packs (but one thats only been used once) have developed awful squeaking in the frame part up by the top. Game spooking squeaks! I left one squeaker at home it sounded so bad and the new one, I had to keep stashing it, since it made still hunting pointless. Seemingly no way to get it to stop as the carbon support rail is sewn into the nylon fabric and its rubbing with every twist and turn. I am considering cutting it open to do….something. Anybody have any other suggestions?
Send it to me and I'll verify, identify the point of failure with my game ears, repair with my little elf fingers, then send back after the season.
Sometimes I accidentally knick my finger when I do these kinds of repairs so sorry in advance if there's some blood in the pack when it comes back.

I got in touch with them about this and they offered to repair it. Was told that repairs can take four or more weeks and I reached out in mid august right before archery season started.

Squeak isn’t so bad when I have the “Mule” daypack on the frame and the plastic shield thing between the shoulder blades removed. Sounds like a metronome when I’m walking with the larger bag on and filled for a backcountry hunt.

Gonna live with it until the season closes then ship it off to Bozeman for them to fuss with.

Mine developed a squeak last year when under load. I was going though Bozeman so I stopped at their offices and gave it to them. They did the warranty service and mailed it back to me (for free, if I remember right) and its been great since then. I would call them before you do anything else to it, their customer service is good.

Back in Sept. the day before packing in for @Gerald Martin goat hunt I decided I wanted a new pack, so I decided to drop over to MR headquarters. Also, Gerald had recently picked up a used/new MR Pintler that was missing the load lifter cinch straps/buckles, so he asked me to inquire about getting some.

I wish I could remember the names of the good folks at MR.... the nice lady in the lobby took care of me; sizing me, having some general discussions, etc. (I owned a MR pack in the past), then I asked about the cinch straps that a Buddy needed.
She then said follow me, she took me on a quick tour of the place, into the sewing room, shipping, and then over to introduce me to the Warranty dept manager. I told him what I needed, he informed me there's two different buckle styles "which one does he have?" I had no clue which style, and this isn't a retail shop to where they stock items, but he definitely wanted to help. He searched and dug around and was able to come up with a set of cinch straps in both styles. I said great, I'll bring back the style that's not needed, he said don't worry about it, you'll find some use for them! We then chatted more about packs I was trying to decide on, he pulled out some packs and gave me his opinion based off my needs. Decision made, then the nice lady took me back into the offices and looked up what retailers had what I decided on in stock and sent me on my way with a couple beer coozie's. Not a surprise to many, nothing but good to say about MR here, their product doesn't suck either.

I had an annoying squeak in one of my Guidelite MT framed packs. Mine was the plastic slide that you use to adjust the suspension. I coated the plastic slider with a light layer of beeswax boot treatment and it's dead silent now.

They sent me some free buckles after one exploded into many bits during a pack out.

I made the switch from EXO gear to MR about 4 years ago. Bought a Beartooth and after a few backpack trips I decided it was a bit too big for my weekend adventures so I got a Pintler pack to add to the frame. While searching, I got a screaming deal on a Pop-up 28. It's perfect for daytrips and minimalistic overnights. Within 2hrs of removing the tags from the Pop-up, I was carrying an entire Idaho moose hide.

I have been using a Metcalf with the original frame prior to the guide lite frame for about 5 years and it has been able to carry all the whitetails I've shot and also up to 100 lbs for rucking and with other weight during workouts. We were only issued Mystery Ranch packs at my unit in the Marine Corps and they were a heck of lot better than the ILBE packs with the plastic frames that tend to break. I still have a good scar from the ILBE pack on my back when the frame broke under load. Wonderful company that keeps making good products and not near as expensive as EXO, Stone Glacier or Kifaru.

I've had a few MR packs in the last 12 years all have had some small level of squeak to them. Even the nylon day pack I sometimes use. I remove the plastic piece once it's adjusted to fit me and that definitely reduces the squeak but doesn't go away. Is the plastic piece even needed? I notice no difference in functionality of the pack without it.

A mouse ended up in my pack and chewed its way out. the zipper was shot but they repaired it for $60 and had it back to me in a month. Awesome customer service

I just started to get the squeak now. It’s annoying but not a deal breaker.

I have a Metcalf without the rifle stock holder. Anybody know if they do alterations? I'm going to call them Monday, but figured I'd ask. mtmuley

Back