Caribou Gear

NEW Mount in the House....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Well, My goal was to put 6 Flying/landing Geese in my house. After Hanging the First one I'm not sure the Air space will sustain 5 more. I have #1 hanging as of today. the wings weren't dried but I talked my Taxidermist (Gutpile on this board) to let me take it and let it finish drying while hanging in my place. Thus the Wires still under the wings and tape.

Anyways, # 2 is looking good and I should have soon too.

Here is a Picture from the Front part of the living room :

goosemount.sized.jpg

Here I'm zoomed in a Bit :

goosemount1.sized.jpg

This is Looking from the Kitchen Area.

goosemount2.sized.jpg

Here is just a Closer shot. You can still see the wire and Tape a bit.

goosemount3.sized.jpg

MAN I can't wait till next goose season !!!!!

10_5_goose1.sized.jpg

11_25_goose2.sized.jpg

DSC00035_sized.jpg

oscar2copy.sized.jpg

No Sir !!! When the mount is in the Drying stage, There is Wires/tape/staples/Whatever keeping everything in place. Usually when a Customer gets a Mount back it's Dry and everything is Off... I wanted it NOW (I'm a Big Baby and all... ;) ) so I asked if he'd let me take it. When it's Dry, We'll steam and prinp fethers and You won't see nothing but a Showroom quality bird. AWSOME Mount !!! Truely !!

ANyways, I origionally went over there to pic up a Tanned bear hide He had of mine.... You might remember the bear from this last spring ?
Here is it Alive coming into the Stand :

o_bear1.sized.jpg

Here it is Dead :

bearpic1.sized.jpg

Its the Middle one here :

bear.sized.jpg

She says I can Hang things 8' and Up.... So I utilized air space too :D :D

She made a comment when she came back from church tday and saw the goose... Something about starting to get a Bit Overwhelming. Whats that mean ?!?!

Tell her you should be able to use the rest of the wall space, so that it doesn't appear to be so overwhelming. Maybe we should have a trophy room "Trading Spaces".

Looks great to me. Hope you have plans to add a speckle belly and a snow goose just to balance things out. Overwhelming? I'm with you, have no clue what she means;)

Originally posted by Whiskers:
Good looking bear. Whats MOMMA got to say about all the mounts?
Whiskers,
Th Momma bear just ran off after he shot it. But kinda keep it quiet, as Moosie is a bit defensive about shooting the cub.
yawn.gif
shhh.gif

Moosie,
YOu should hang them from the blades on the Celing FAn, and then they would look like they were circling to land.... :D

The Fan Spins Clockwise.. Geese ALWAYS land Counter Clockwise, Remember Guner . ;)

Elkhunter, I actually thought about that. I was going to paint it once it was up, But I'm not sure about it yet, Maybe the next one

'Sky, I'll need to add some. First, I need to find a Place I can Get one and go there :D

Nice looking goose Moosie. But I don't think that the poducers of Trading Spaces would go for a Trophey Room episode...too many gay designers on there...LOL LOL
Quick Draw

Moosie, a) buy a flash,
and b) that's a cool concept! I like the bear rugs, too! It looks like you might have to start being real picky over what you choose to mount...you've already got about 95% more chit than my wife would allow in our house. :D

Back