New Mexico with Fin and Corey

Just got home from dropping a atv off for Randy & Corey after meeting up at the VLA. I swear those are 4 happy guys & I got to see two of the biggest smiles on the planet from two guys that are the real deal,Randy & Corey. Randy is camped about 1/4 mi from were I camped during my buck hunt last fall.
Randy & his cameraman had spent the afternoon on the mtn with a thunderstorm on top of them. Road into camp was the usual NM bumpy & dusty one.
Corey's cameraman is from my home town,and we talked more than Corey & I .LOL,small world. Randy returned some calls while he had service at VLA and his guy checked gear.
Corey is as nice and unassuming as Randy. He has never hunted NM and we talked of life & hunting here.
Like I said they are just nice guys,as some here might know.
I drove home listening to Robert Earl Keen,playing dodge elk.
Go team BF & Corey.
PS,I didn't mention the flock of ducks flying off the tank we went by down the road as not to distract Randy...lol.

Last edited:
How did the super moon effect hunting tonight? It lit up everything in Albuquerque!

As innocent as this guy looks, he will hide a ten pound rock in your pack when you are occupied with filming.

20160917_093742.jpg

Two close encounters yesterday. No dice.

Off to the next bugle. I'm too old for this.

Whenever I hunt with Corey, he finds the craziest things. This afternoon he found this bleeding antler.

20160917_164314.jpg

No dead bull, just a shed. He picked up and about an hour later blood came out of a hole where the rodents had chewed. Crazy. I've never seen such a thing.

Very interesting on that shed. How many more days do you have? Enjoying the story.

So many close calls. Just an hour ago a bull came in under 30 yards and stopped with a bush covering his vitals. The last if many such occurrences. If things can go wrong at the last second, seems this hunt is a hunt where it will go wrong.

We are now 7.1 mes from the truck and resting. Corey's GPS says 66 miles logged in foot this hunt. Thank goodness season closes soon.

It is even worse for the camera guys. Their loads are heavier and they get far less sleep (if that is possible), as they have to charge batteries and download footage every night.

Marcus needs some serious rest after this hunt. Or, maybe just a DQ Blizzard.

20160921_115020.jpg

Good luck I really don't know how you do it for that many days. As hard as the physical aspect is I think the mental may be tougher.

I always wonder how cameramen keep up with guys like Rinnella and such.

Hopefully you'll get some cloud cover or a shower to cool things down today too. If it's been 80's here, I know how warm it is there. 14 mi in that heat & country,wow.
I did hear a little sqweek from a young one mid day,so maybe the rut action will be starting again.Saw 2 nice bulls in Quemado this morn heading home & our outfitter on my co-op had a guy take a nice 6x6 last night.
So some rut action could help.....if they take the right lane....without a bush.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back