Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico Unit 21, 24 Antelope

AK2NV

Hi everyone - I'm still in shock but I drew two tags in New Mexico this year as a non-resident; unit 13 early archery elk (and) unit 21, 24 archery antelope. I've been applying in NM for 5 years and the first 4 = zippo. The 5th was the lucky number. Very excited! Going to submit a separate post for the elk so this one is for the antelope. The 21, 24 block is pretty big. I have my eye on a few areas but was curious if anyone had any insight? I'll be driving from Reno and back and trying to figure out if I come in from the North or South. Would prefer to narrow my focus a little and shave off any unnecessary miles. Any help is much appreciated!

For what it's worth here is the hunt recap - after 5 days of heat, sweat, torture, and missing a giant on the 4th day, I finally took this guy at 54 yards. This is a tough hunt with pretty bad hunter congestion in some areas. Worth it though. Very happy with this guy. I don't have an exact score but we rough taped him in the upper 70s with the broken right tip. Hope you all enjoy!

IMG_9714[1].JPG

IMG_9720[1].JPG

Congrats on a dang nice buck! Did you spot/stalk ? Waterhole? decoy?

For what it's worth here is the hunt recap - after 5 days of heat, sweat, torture, and missing a giant on the 4th day, I finally took this guy at 54 yards. This is a tough hunt with pretty bad hunter congestion in some areas. Worth it though. Very happy with this guy. I don't have an exact score but we rough taped him in the upper 70s with the broken right tip. Hope you all enjoy!

View attachment 113703

View attachment 113704
That's a beauty. Nicely done!

Congrats! Really cool buck!
I know its been a few years already since you posted this but was hoping you could give me some pointers for the units. I drew last rifle hunt this year in 21 and 24.

First time putting in for NM Antelope, and I was drawn for units 21, 24 in October, same dates as you. Beyond excited! Although I can't find any information online for these units so, if anyone has insight into these units, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back