Caribou Gear Tarp

New Mexico Rifle Bull

caseylavere

One of the toughest but most rewarding hunts I have ever been a part of. It just goes to show that even in a tough year and when every things going wrong you can still turn up a needle in a haystack...

http://youtu.be/sBfam_VmEKw

Show a guy your honey hole and then watch him shoot a bull out of it on video...two days before your own hunt starts. Amazingly, this bull died not 40 yards from where we killed a giant in 2012. Congrats again, Buddy. See you on Thursday.

My favorite hunt all season and I wasn't the tag holder.

There is something so special about hunting elk in the Gila. I hope we can get lucky and do it all again this year. nmelktrout and co. see you boys Thursday.

Thanks for all the nice comments and like bmack said there is definitely something special about the Gila. Ive been fortunate enough to have two tags in two years and its quickly becoming my favorite place to chase bugling bulls...... nmelktrout i was simply on a scouting trip for your hunt and knew this bull would not meet your standards. haha

mdunc8 you're right. ill be better at contributing.

Don't worry Mdunc8 Casey is the dude with a full voicemail box on his phone too. Poor contributions all around.

But he's a good camp cook so I continue to hunt with him despite his flaws. Now our other buddy Shoeflake is a real treat...isn't that right nmelktrout (his former college roommate).

Great Video!

One of the toughest but most rewarding hunts I have ever been a part of. It just goes to show that even in a tough year and when every things going wrong you can still turn up a needle in a haystack...

http://youtu.be/sBfam_VmEKw

This is a wonderful video and I wanted to join this site just to say thanks for producing that.

I also started hunting last year (and got a muley here in central NM) and found your gutless butchering video to be one of the best I reviewed when learning that technique. I later convinced a 60 year-old life-long hunter to use it going forward. In his words, "I'll never go back!" He was amazed and spent the days after the successful cow elk hunt learning everything his could about it so that he can educate his PA buddies back East.

Ephraim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back